A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sands Point Auto Body, Port Washington, NY...picked up my car today. Review pending. There are some

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sands Point Auto Body, Port Washington, NY...picked up my car today. Review pending. There are some

issues that are going to require me to take it back in. They have promised to make sure I am satisfied, and they're going to rent me a car while it's there this next time. I'll try to post some pictures when I get some daylight (probably Saturday).

Nice to have the car back, although I'm bummed I have to give it up and this isn't all over with. Besides the cosmetic issues with paint, molding, and seam alignment, and the fact that the rear wheel was not reconditioned (all noticed outside after sundown...boy its cold), the AM radio reception is not right. I don't get any of the NYC stations like 1010 WINS and Bloomberg News the way I used to and only 2 "area stations" populate when updating AM stations in the area. I'm guessing that they didn't reconnect the antenna properly when putting the rear window back in. I'm guessing that's where the AM and FM antennas are (rear window?)? Does anyone know?

If all goes well, I'll be sure to give them the full thumbs up after the final delivery.

They're all good people, very professional, and take their work on A8's very seriously. So I hope they come through in the end.