A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Control Module Coding

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seat Control Module Coding

I just replaced my front passenger seat control module because the carpet cleaner people got it wet.

I have the exact same part number (4E0 959 760 B / 4E0 910 760 D) as was originally installed for a 2007 A8 with fully optioned seats (memory, massage, heated, cooled, etc.)

When I installed it, everything works but the memory, massage functions and seat adjustments via the MMI. I switched the module from the drivers seat and then it all works.

I assume this means I need to the right coding for the front passenger seat in VCDS.

Can someone please give me the right coding or correct me if I'm wrong?
Old 05-08-2015, 01:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Try moving all functions end to end so it will recalibrate itself.

Wet seat module may be the least of your problems. Under the carpet are few other modules.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I moved all functions to the ends and they all work fine except the memory and massage. I don't think I have anyother issues. The calibration isn't the issue, I think it's not coded right in VCDS. Since all worked when I swapped the module from the drivers side.

Someone has to have the right coding. I saw you (Mishar) posted the codes for non massage and non vented seats. I need the codes for seats with everything.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 615 Likes on 512 Posts
Default Seat coding

Seat coding for my 2006 W12, USA model, with heated and cooled massage seats, all fully working since I bought it in 2007; my hardware and software part numbers are identical to those posted by OP at the start of this thread.

passenger side (module 6): 4071648

If it helps for any comparison to yours, drivers side (module 36): 4071658

As in, yes, the next to last digit is different side to side. Makes sense if it needs this to identify seats side to side for MMI related control overlap.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 05-09-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gotime
I just replaced my front passenger seat control module because the carpet cleaner people got it wet.

I have the exact same part number (4E0 959 760 B / 4E0 910 760 D) as was originally installed for a 2007 A8 with fully optioned seats (memory, massage, heated, cooled, etc.)

When I installed it, everything works but the memory, massage functions and seat adjustments via the MMI. I switched the module from the drivers seat and then it all works.

I assume this means I need to the right coding for the front passenger seat in VCDS.

Can someone please give me the right coding or correct me if I'm wrong?
Can I resurrect this issue please, I have the same problem and have tried to remove the control unit from the left hand seat, passenger one here in uk.

The seat is stuck in its furthest forward position so I ain't much room, I have managed to remove the 2 nuts either side and lift the unit off the bolts but that's it I can't get it out to remove the wiring plugs.

Any tips would be very welcome.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If you tell me what module, adaptation channel, etc, I can get you the codes.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hughmungus
Can I resurrect this issue please, I have the same problem and have tried to remove the control unit from the left hand seat, passenger one here in uk.

The seat is stuck in its furthest forward position so I ain't much room, I have managed to remove the 2 nuts either side and lift the unit off the bolts but that's it I can't get it out to remove the wiring plugs.

Any tips would be very welcome.
I have no input on the coding of the seats, however, this may help in moving the seat if the controller has gone bad. I succeeded in removing and replacing, but had to get to the dealer to have them finish and code.
Seat still isn't 100%
good luck.

Seat Emergency Power D3E80020EC5-Body_Interior.pdf
Old 12-11-2016, 10:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KLP66
I have no input on the coding of the seats, however, this may help in moving the seat if the controller has gone bad. I succeeded in removing and replacing, but had to get to the dealer to have them finish and code.
Seat still isn't 100%
good luck.

Attachment 62139
Thanks
Any advice on a power supply to use
Old 12-11-2016, 11:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not a 100% on this but I suspect the seat controller is one of the modules that has CP and would need a dealer visit to remove if that is indeed the problem. Only other issues I have heard about is the coding get being messed up you have two left seats for example. a vcds scan should confirm both issues if they exist.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by haggisuk
I am not a 100% on this but I suspect the seat controller is one of the modules that has CP and would need a dealer visit to remove if that is indeed the problem. Only other issues I have heard about is the coding get being messed up you have two left seats for example. a vcds scan should confirm both issues if they exist.
What I propose to do as a short term measure is connect a wire from the battery to the pins as mentioned above and at least get the seat in a more suitable position.As anyone done this?
The coding issue is a concern, I take it that a simple swap won't work?
And has anyone managed to remove this board from under the seat as I am struggling to get it out 😩

Last edited by hughmungus; 12-12-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Seat Control Module Coding