A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for AMI cable/attachment for streaming audio?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Feedback from those with ViseeO

I have one, and my only complaint is that after I hook up to ViseeO streaming, when I'm on the phone I can hear the music streaming in the background no matter what I do with the music. The only way to get rid of it, is to disconnect the ViseeO and reinstall it. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this a defect with mine, or just a feature of the ViseeO?

Thanks in advance.

Bill
Old 08-20-2013, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a ViseeO WMA1000 with firmware 3.20 and an OEM bluetooth telephone interface in place of the OnStar system. With my Samsung Galaxy S3 there is no audio playing in the background while on a phone call. If Pandora is playing and a call is placed, the music is automatically muted and paused during the call. Once the call is finished the music resumes from where it was paused.

With the Galaxy S3 all transport controls within the currently active audio app work properly. I do not have artist / track / album information on the MMI display regardless of the app in use. A cursory web search shows this is normal behavior for the Galaxy S3 and may be rectified in a future Android update.

I tried Pandora on an iPad 3 and the artist / track / album information is available on the MMI display so it appears the ViseeO can display any information that is being made available over the bluetooth connection.

I connected a 2nd generation iPod touch that works perfectly with the ViseeO. It behaves exactly as it would if connected directly to the dock cable in the AMI.

A side benefit of the bluetooth interface is navigation audio from the phone is played over the AMI. If I'm using Google Navigation it's nice to be able to easily hear the directions provided by the app.

IMO the ViseeO WMA1000 is a great interface. It appears to work perfectly as I can prove the only "issues" I have are due to my phone and not the ViseeO.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

tx170754, thanks for the review, ordering the ViseeO now!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

You will love it !
Old 08-24-2013, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by tx170754
You will love it !
BTW, when ever my phone syncs with the Viseeo, it immediately starts streaming the song with the first letter in the alphabet stored in my phone. Is there a way to stop that?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Not so sure about this, I only use it to stream internet radio, sorry.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just sold my TT, so I have a ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 for sale. Works perfectly, $80 shipped. PM me.
Dan
Old 10-03-2013, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

So my review is that this device may work well with iOS devices, but it is pretty buggy with Android. I primarily use Rdio for a streaming music subscription, but have also used the stock Android music player with the same results. Basically, the AMI sits there and says initializing, and sometimes eventually plays music, and sometimes not. I am trying to figure out the combination that makes it play, but haven't found a reliably workflow yet. I think it may need to be playing on the stock music player, then enable bluetooth, and then it plays (and then I can switch over to Rdio), but sometimes this doesn't work. It does not seem to work well controlling the player either even though some track navigation shows up (next and prev).

I tested it with an iPad and it seems to work much better. Maybe other Android devices work better, but I think I might just get an AUX cable and forget bluetooth.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Visee

I'm surprised that it even works with Android since it is designed to ONLY works with iOS products.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

• Now also works with Android phones, Windows Phone 8 devices, 3rd party music apps such as Sportify and Pandora, iPod docking stations (tune2air software version V3.17 and above). When work with these devices tune2air provide only wireless music streaming function without displaying track info and music library list.

I have firmware 3.2.0

Quick Reply: Suggestions for AMI cable/attachment for streaming audio?