A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Telephone box / ecu location? Need help quickly...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

LOL
Old 08-17-2017, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

"Some final thoughts from me ... "

"Final words ... "

"Absolutely final word !!! ... "

What will the next "------" be.........

You tried Julian !!
Old 08-22-2017, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JulianHicks
Sorry, can't help with phone connects to Japanese cars as that is a unique Japan-only system. I suspect that the phone you have is the only one that works.
Julian
Hello everyone.

First of all, I want to say that I have installed bluetooth in my JAPANESE car and it is working perfectly.

The original module in JAPANESE Audi A8 D3 is located under the armrest.
I removed that module and installed my new 4E0 910 336L in the same spot.
I just had to shorten bluetooth ntenna, as it is too big to fit in the same spot. Just cut half of it, but DON'T damage the rest main peace.

But first, you have to buy "Y" type OPTICAL cable with one feemale and two male plugs (1,5 meters at least) and locate it from glovebox (from CD Changer) to the place under the armbox, where the new module will be located.

The optical cable is needed because JAPANESE telephone module does NOT use optical connection, so, there is no factory optical cable there. that's why I made it by myself (if you get any 2 peaces of 1 meter MOST optical cables and one MALE plug from any broken Audi/VW/BMW/Mercedes you can make it bu yourself) and connected to new module, as long as connected the harness that was connectet to old device.

you'll just have to cut a piece of that aluminium bracket (that holds the module) which is overlaping optical connection.

just like that:

After that, you need to use VCDS program to check that TEPEHONE box is checked like this:

After that, you need to go to block 07 and coding.
Istead of 0000102 you must enter 0000302 and push DO IT! button

After that, in the same block (07) go to adaptation meny and in the CHANNEL box enter 12 and push read.

After that, inthe STORED VALUE box (there will be "0") you must enter "2"and then push TEST

result will be like this:

and DONE, GO BACK.

After all this, MMI must be rebooted.
this can be done by pushing some buttons at the some time (can'tremember which buttons) or just exit the vehicle and lock it with remote for 10 minutes.
When you unlock it and turn on the ignition, phone must be working, making and receiving calls and everything must be ok.
You must pair your bluetooth telephone first, of course

Also, check with VCDS nuber 77 and number 07 blocks. If there areany fault codes, CLEAR them and close.

THAT'S IT

Thank you everyone, again!

Very important! After you install this new bluetooth device, you must run MMI upgrade for this device. Without update, it is working with limited functions and performance. For example, sometimes it is loosing connection, does not show recent calls and missed calls and so on...

So, do MMI upgrade any way!

Last edited by Amiko Tsanava; 08-25-2017 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Update info:
Old 08-24-2017, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q7 2007 4 door SUV

Hey all I have a Audi Q7 SUV and like some folks I am having issues with my volume going on and off when the cd/radio plays. I have seen some of the post on prior models and its the same Phone ECU ? seeing the mute flash quickly.

Now my questions ? where do I find the ECU for my model ? and once I change it will the issue go away?

I live in Ontario Canada, PLEASE HELP !!!!
Old 08-25-2017, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spers2018
Hey all I have a Audi Q7 SUV and like some folks I am having issues with my volume going on and off when the cd/radio plays. I have seen some of the post on prior models and its the same Phone ECU ? seeing the mute flash quickly.

Now my questions ? where do I find the ECU for my model ? and once I change it will the issue go away?

I live in Ontario Canada, PLEASE HELP !!!!
the same issue when you replace CD changer with another one from another car.
Becouse of the component prptection, music goes on and off every 2-3 seconds.