A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to jump ship, or at least move to another part of it

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it doesn't seem like this purchase is off to a good start. It may be a simple problem, but the lack of attention to detail for a $100k car sitting on a lot is worrisome.

Let me know what they are offering for your trade-in value... and then drive it back up to Maine and I will give you $500 more, and a night full of Dark & Stormys at Coveside!!!
Old 02-23-2015, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greginfinity
Yeah, it doesn't seem like this purchase is off to a good start. It may be a simple problem, but the lack of attention to detail for a $100k car sitting on a lot is worrisome.

Let me know what they are offering for your trade-in value... and then drive it back up to Maine and I will give you $500 more, and a night full of Dark & Stormys at Coveside!!!
S8 drive from SWFL to maine for $500 more?! i will have to drink a lot of dark and stormys to make up that fuel bill on the ever so thirsty S8!

myself and the entire dinner party got sick from a meal at coveside last summer. they keep changing management every 2 seasons or so and it doesn't seem like it is helping on the food end of the business, but the scenery mixed with a bit of goslings and you are fine!

hope the winter is treating you well greg!
Old 02-23-2015, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by greginfinity
It may be a simple problem, but the lack of attention to detail for a $100k car sitting on a lot is worrisome.
i find this to be a bit of a problem just about everywhere i go in life anymore.

while hanging out last week i was sitting in a 2014 RS7 that a customer sold back to them so he could go get a Z06. in the glove box of this car, which was on the showroom floor was a garage door opener for what must be the prior owner's house.

Florida's county governments post everything online in such an efficient and searchable manner, that i easily with a little of digging could have been into this guys house.

i am not sure i would take a car to this dealer for any more than routine maintenance. The service manager and I have different views on life....

the deal and sales experience on my wife's Q7 and this A8 if it goes through have been really really good. not the norm in my car purchasing experience at all.

at the end of the day, good help is damn hard to get anymore....
Old 02-23-2015, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Three knock sensors faulty at the same time is impossible coincidence. Low octane fuel can't give low signal fault. If anything it would cause knocking and fault indicating that. It looks like pure contact in a single harness, if all knock sensors are connected that way. Unfortunately I don't have 2015 wiring to check it.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Three knock sensors faulty at the same time is impossible coincidence. Low octane fuel can't give low signal fault. If anything it would cause knocking and fault indicating that. It looks like pure contact in a single harness, if all knock sensors are connected that way. Unfortunately I don't have 2015 wiring to check it.
this does make sense. will be curious to see what stealer service department comes up with.....
Old 02-24-2015, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by zedbyers
this does make sense. will be curious to see what stealer service department comes up with.....
If they ever tell you the truth. Which I doubt.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zedbyers
S8 drive from SWFL to maine for $500 more?! i will have to drink a lot of dark and stormys to make up that fuel bill on the ever so thirsty S8!

myself and the entire dinner party got sick from a meal at coveside last summer. they keep changing management every 2 seasons or so and it doesn't seem like it is helping on the food end of the business, but the scenery mixed with a bit of goslings and you are fine!

hope the winter is treating you well greg!
Ha, this winter is BRUTAL up here, bring us some sun! I was just kidding on driving the S8 up here, but I am not kidding about bringing some warm weather...

Ouch, I think your first mistake was eating at coveside. If it doesn't have alcohol in it, it probably shouldn't be served there!

Let us know how the D4 works out.