A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS sensors for $69 on Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Absolutely right. If you add tires from Tire Rack to this transaction you might have new TV.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The (513) area code number is no longer in service, and neither is the website for orange. Anyone know where to get these now ?
Old 09-21-2012, 09:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Search for my posts on TPMS...

I spoke with Orange and was told they no longer did these. There is a new company (OE wheels) that are supplying sensors now. I've got them and they offer great service. John Cook is the contact there, tell him I sent you from Audi World. He'll program your new sensors to the existing sensor ID's (which he'll need).

His details:

Jon Cook
TPMS Manager
OE Wheel Distributors
(866)273-3651 EXT 320

jonc@oewheels.net

K9

Originally Posted by Greekss
The (513) area code number is no longer in service, and neither is the website for orange. Anyone know where to get these now ?
Old 09-22-2012, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by K9COP
I spoke with Orange and was told they no longer did these. There is a new company (OE wheels) that are supplying sensors now. I've got them and they offer great service. John Cook is the contact there, tell him I sent you from Audi World. He'll program your new sensors to the existing sensor ID's (which he'll need).

His details:

Jon Cook
TPMS Manager
OE Wheel Distributors
(866)273-3651 EXT 320

jonc@oewheels.net

K9
Great work, K9. Brozee needs to add your best TPMS post to his excellent newbie sig links (if he has not done so already).
Old 10-07-2012, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

His details:

Jon Cook
TPMS Manager
OE Wheel Distributors
(866)273-3651 EXT 320

jonc@oewheels.net

K9
Order 2 sensors and had them installed on rear driver and spare and the spare is not registering...any ideas...Thanks...Flats
Old 10-07-2012, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Not sure.

I never had to do any trouble shooting. John Cook is pretty helpful tho. That would be my first suggestion. Not sure if there's anything in MMI you can do to cause them to 're-initiate'. Sorry can't be more helpful.

K9

Originally Posted by Flats
Order 2 sensors and had them installed on rear driver and spare and the spare is not registering...any ideas...Thanks...Flats
Old 10-10-2012, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I never had to do any trouble shooting. John Cook is pretty helpful tho. That would be my first suggestion. Not sure if there's anything in MMI you can do to cause them to 're-initiate'. Sorry can't be more helpful.

K9
K9, after checking out the OE wheels website I found two different sets. Any idea what one ended up working for you and what price you got them for? The two on the website are $184 and $172

Here they are:
http://oewheelsllc.com/TPMS-Sensors_...re-Sensors-SET

and

http://oewheelsllc.com/TPMS-Sensors_...re-Sensors-SET
Old 10-13-2012, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

SUCCESS!
I did buy those sensors, but after messing with the W12 and checking the current battery life etc, the warning message annoyed me. So I went under coding and changed the "3" in the code to a "0" to disable the system. The alert went away immediately. I successfully disabled the TPMS altogether! No warning alerts etc whatsoever on the dash or even in the MMI. You can still go to the TPMS menu under the MMI but the "change wheels" and "store pressures" are greyed out and the view tire pressures button option doesn't do anything. Only time you see any error is under VCDS and under a auto scan which it says "TPMS disabled" that is all.

Since I disabled the system I am probably going to cancel my order on the four TPMS sensors. Even though I got a great price on all four shipped, $180, still going to have to pay around $40 to have them installed. I really think this is a system that is for those who don't pay attention or like spending money when it breaks. With me setting the pressure and checking it every so often combined with common sense I will gladly save the money and avoid the TPMS altogether.

Hope it helps people. This was completed on a 2007 model W12 with MMI version 41.4 (sure it works on 46.1 as well). Same disable feature worked on MMI v. 27.1 as well.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I hear what you are say Brozee, but I have picked up a number of nails over my life and a few years ago I had a tire start to tear apart at 80 mph on my A4 - I would have liked a little advanced notice. You can check your tires daily, but you never know when you pick up a nail.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default +1

You choose to post it in two treads, so you get disagreement twice.

Quick Reply: TPMS sensors for $69 on Amazon