A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Tyre Pressure System Malfunction"

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArStL
Car is CPO'd and yet i'm told "not covered"

Sound right?
not right
Old 01-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Everything's a battle.
I love it when the owner is forced to do the work....

Probably same with bmw and mb, but i bet not w/ Lexus
Old 01-13-2010, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Just forget about the stupid TPMS its useless. You have no need for it. Only reason Audi put it in the cars is because its one more system that will break and you will pay for to be fixed getting them more money either do the fuse way or disable it via vag com. As soon as mine goes out I'm turning it off for good.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rdieter
Nope, I have had everyone of my sensors replaced on my '04 under CPO. Replaced individually along the way when the battery dies in each. Most I have paid is $50 buck deductible each time.

Always covered under CPO without even a discussion.
What dealer do you take your car to ??
Old 01-13-2010, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brozee
Just forget about the stupid TPMS its useless. You have no need for it. Only reason Audi put it in the cars is because its one more system that will break and you will pay for to be fixed getting them more money.
I bet you love blaming the big bad corporations for things, but this has nothing to do with Audi. The TPMS was mandated by Congress after the Ford Explorer/Firestone tire debacle in 2000. As a result, starting September 1, 2007, all 2008 model passenger vehicles, trucks and light buses are obligated to have a sensor-based tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS).

OK, now you can go from blaming big corporations to blaming big government. The TPMS is a SAFETY feature. The Explorer rollovers resulted in at least 271 fatalities and more than 700 injuries, according to the Website, vehicle-injuries.com. There is definitely no "we need to make money" effort from any automotive company behind adding this to vehicles.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by parnyc
What dealer do you take your car to ??
Fred Baker Porsche Audi in Cleveland, Ohio area. They are great!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

on my 2006 A8 (35k mi) the tech reports sensors need to be replaced as they've aged and normally stop working. approx $1k.

Surely that's a joke, right?
I have the same issue. Went to dealer and they couldn't figure out what's wrong w/ it. They say they fixed it but problem came back before I even left the parking lot of the dealer. I have the Audi Platinum Warranty and it's covered.

I just turned the TPMS off.

Good luck!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Austin A6 3.2
OK, now you can go from blaming big corporations to blaming big government.
In the case of GM (now euphemistically called Government Motors), you would be blaming both at once.

My dealer replaced all four of my TPMS sensors on my '07, three of which were covered under warranty, while I paid $275 for the fourth since the previous owner replaced it with something other than an original Beru.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not that the thread hijack govt rant isn't fascinating....

*here's the update if anyone cares -

Dealer refuses to replace "bad" sensors at their cost on my fully - CPO 2006 A8 and after wasting 2-days of my time, Audi of America graciously offered to "pay" for 3 of 5 sensor replacements, leaving me liable for 2.

Final answer - PASS!

Thanks for nothing AoA and where's that local BMW/MB dealer with the automatic 3-5yrs service included....?
Old 01-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not that the thread hijack govt rant isn't fascinating....

*here's the update if anyone cares -

Dealer refuses to replace "bad" sensors at their cost on my fully - CPO 2006 A8 and after wasting 2-days of my time, Audi of America graciously offered to "pay" for 3 of 5 sensor replacements, leaving me liable for 2.

Final answer - PASS!

Thanks for nothing AoA and where's that local BMW/MB dealer with the automatic 3-5yrs service included....?
Wow, I don't get it. I have had no issues at all with CPO coverage on problems. I guess my dealer gets it! Customer service.....is king!

Quick Reply: "Tyre Pressure System Malfunction"