A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Tyre Pressure System Malfunction"

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rdieter
I guess my dealer gets it! Customer service.....is king!
So true!
Just look at how Lexus and now even Buick(ha) is throttling Audi and others when it comes to customer satisfaction ratings.

The other issue I see mentioned over and over on the blogs is just the gross negligence and lack of knowledge on part of the techs working at these places. The true surprise is that these dealerships can actually survive.

all too bad, love the audi cars and have owned multiples. now that has to be re-thought
Old 01-14-2010, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 117 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ArStL
Not that the thread hijack govt rant isn't fascinating....

*here's the update if anyone cares -

Dealer refuses to replace "bad" sensors at their cost on my fully - CPO 2006 A8 and after wasting 2-days of my time, Audi of America graciously offered to "pay" for 3 of 5 sensor replacements, leaving me liable for 2.

Final answer - PASS!

Thanks for nothing AoA and where's that local BMW/MB dealer with the automatic 3-5yrs service included....?
Agreed. Tell them to stuff their extortion attempt. You can live without TPMS. Just like we've all done up until now. I still have a freebie VW/Audi el cheapo tire gauge.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
I still have a freebie VW/Audi el cheapo tire gauge.
Anythings better than the built in faulty system and sorry for being incorrect on the inclusion and gain of audi and their TPMS. The least they could have done is make one that is reliable
Old 01-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Stand by.....

we MAY have successful reasonable resolution
Old 01-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer will say that you have to replace sensors when they die but that’s not entirely true, in Europe dealer mechanics are able to remove the tire from the rim without damaging the sensors at all, replace the batteries and put them back on, however, in the US like with everything else, when things go bad they just throw it away and get you new ones. I suggest you remove the fuse and forget about those freaking sensors, measure the air volume in your tires the old fashion way, staring at the tire and using your thumbs to apply pressure checking PSI once in a while, or take it to a more dedicated mechanic and have those batteries replaced. I doubt that you can turn those off through your MMI like someone pointed out in here.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Our dealer told us the sensors were $400 a pop. Thanks but no thanks. If I can't look at the tires and tell its flat, I don't deserve to drive.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

My car is a 2004 A8L. I pulled the pressure sensor out of my spare to see if the batteries could be changed. It's a sealed unit. Once the electronics are assembled in the housing, the housing is completely filled with epoxy. The sensor can be removed and reinstalled without damaging it.

The part number on my sensor is: 4D0 907 275 C. According to genuineaudiparts.com MSRP should be $120 per sensor.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Happy Ending!

Originally Posted by ArStL
we MAY have successful reasonable resolution
The A8 Advocate Team at Audi of America has finally seen the light, no doubt due to increased pressure from frustrated owner, and authorized local dealer to replace sensors at no cost to now, less frustrated owner.

All good at this point.

Appreciate always good support from knowledgeable folks on the forum.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default TPMS and parking brake malfunction

Finally brought car back in to service parking brake malfunction for the 3rd time and TPMS malfunction for the 3rd time. Extended warranty covered the parking brake (left rear caliper fault) but had to pay 100$ deductible because 10 months ago it was the right rear caliper issue.

Dealer now says TMPS batteries on 3 of 5 sensors are dead and not covered under my Audi Pure Platinum warranty - will cost 1100$. I told him "no way"

Also, the soft close on the cupholder and ashtray covers is gone, just slaps open. But dealer also states not covered under warranty - trim pieces only 12 month warranty.??

Shouldn't these items be covered?

thanks
Old 06-27-2010, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can pick up the TPMS on Tirerack for $88 each. $10/TPMS for installation when installing new tires at NTB. Avoid the dealer for these easy fixes, they are just rapists.

Quick Reply: "Tyre Pressure System Malfunction"