A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vag-com/VCDS lowering failed. Any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question, if I lower like you guys do, does this make the adjustment in all 4 settings ? i.e. is Dynamic 20mm lower and Lift also 20mm lower ?

My friend is lending me his VAG com tomorrow so I want to see what I can do with it. I already know i want to enable the battery monitor and Oil monitor ( which I don't think works ) plus enabling the Auxiliary heating/timers which I believe my car has and turning off the seat belt chime but I'd love to lower the car a little for when I put on some slightly bigger rims.

Oh, is there anything else I should do with the VAG com while I have it ?

Si
Old 01-14-2011, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigladUK
I have a question, if I lower like you guys do, does this make the adjustment in all 4 settings ? i.e. is Dynamic 20mm lower and Lift also 20mm lower ?

My friend is lending me his VAG com tomorrow so I want to see what I can do with it. I already know i want to enable the battery monitor and Oil monitor ( which I don't think works ) plus enabling the Auxiliary heating/timers which I believe my car has and turning off the seat belt chime but I'd love to lower the car a little for when I put on some slightly bigger rims.

Oh, is there anything else I should do with the VAG com while I have it ?

Si
My understanding is it lowers the default ride height and therefore changes the height at every suspension setting.

In addition to VCDS lowering, I disabled the seatbelt chime, removed the Nav disk lock for when I get around to updating it, and something you hand not mentioned, enabled keyfob window and sunroof operation.

If you are in the UK like your handle hints, you my already have this feature enabled. It is disabled across the pond by default, otherwise 1/3 of all US car buyers would kill or maim themselves in the fist week of ownership and in the following weeks, all the US lawyers would be so overworked, the entire North American continent would run out of cocaine.

Last edited by ModestW12; 01-14-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 117 Likes on 95 Posts
Default I'm Off Topic here.....

<<<<If you are in the UK like your handle hints, you my already have this feature enabled. It is disabled across the pond by default, otherwise 1/3 of all US car buyers would kill or maim themselves in the fist week of ownership and in the following weeks, all the US lawyers would be so overworked, the entire North American continent would run out of cocaine.>>>>

Some interesting comments in this about Lawyers and Law degrees. Also the seCONdary education system in general. I agree with about 80% of what is in this piece:

http://inflation.us/collegebubble.html