A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, after a night of beating myself up about the crappy lease deal, we decided to go ahead...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Well, after a night of beating myself up about the crappy lease deal, we decided to go ahead...

...and take the car. It'll be a company lease, and my wife and I both liked the A8 we ordered over the 750il. So we'll hold our noses and sign the papers tomorrow.

A positive note--

Our dealer went the extra mile (MILES!!!) on the price to keep us within range of where we needed to be on the lease payment, and to keep our business--this is the 7th consucutive car we've leased from him over the last 15 years. So, while my feelings towards AoA are not that positive today, I'm feeling very positive about my dealer, and how he values our business.

Will post pics of the new car over the weekend.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default congrats.....he probably knows he's going to lose business

and wants to keep some clients.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, he's already been down this road w/others. We also socialize on occasion, so it's a bit like

dealing w/family to a certain extent. Thanks, I'm feeling a bit better about the lease, after tinkering around with BMW lease numbers. Their resid is terrific, but their high money factor off-sets a lot of the difference with the Audi lease.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:37 PM
ESN
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You've hit on Johan's secret weapon: counting on people to just love Audi so much they'll pay extra.

That was the curse that befell me when I leased last year and I closed my eyes and swallowed. But I just lubs my car.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, I went back & forth so many times last night, that I woke up "brain dead" this AM.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:55 AM
PAC
AudiWorld Member

Default Not every monetary transaction makes the best sense, but we can't

put a price on how much you'll enjoy the car. Many of us are fortunate enough to own an A8 model...we don't like the Price but we Love the Product. Look forward to the photo's, Congrats!
Old 10-20-2007, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Congratulations on your decision and enjoy your new A8. Guess that Audi does not care about

increasing market share in the A8 line. That's the price we have to pay for no compromise.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Not every monetary transaction makes the best sense, but we can't

Thanks. Actually sticking with a really good dealer makes up for the price.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Not every monetary transaction makes the best sense, but we can't

Certainly not knock on BMW but a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of driving their fleet. My son signed up for their driving school and I got to dive each car about 10 miles (outside Fed-x field by DC).

I started out with the 750 and was certainly impressed and all but I'll keep my A8 thanks.

Stand outs for me were the 5-series and the 335, but again, I'll keep me A8 thanks.

Derf, enjoy the A8!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Well, after a night of beating myself up about the crappy lease deal, we decided to go ahead...

I absolutely hate getting a new car for the same emotional reasons you've gone through. The first time I tried to get a D3, I negotiated what I thought was a crappy deal. I couldn't sleep well that night and returned the car the next day. I ended up buying mine from a friend to avoid negotiating with the dealer again. I got a much better deal, and only lost sleep because I was so happy to have the car!

Quick Reply: Well, after a night of beating myself up about the crappy lease deal, we decided to go ahead...