A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What could these parking sensor fault codes indicate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rear parking aid beeps? Do you have a graphical interface on your car's dash that allows you to visibly see which sensor is indicating erroneously? If not then VCDS should allow you to see which sensor is causing the issue. Just guessing but one of your car's sensors is probably wacky and in need of replacement.

-JT
Old 03-24-2014, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by powderlvr
The rear parking aid beeps? Do you have a graphical interface on your car's dash that allows you to visibly see which sensor is indicating erroneously? If not then VCDS should allow you to see which sensor is causing the issue. Just guessing but one of your car's sensors is probably wacky and in need of replacement.

-JT
Thanks. I do not have a graphical interface. What is VCDS? I can live without the parking aid but the garage I bought it from doesn't even know how to switch it off. Any ideas?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi Al68
I have just bought a 2nd hand Audi A1 but the rest parking aid bleeps even when there is nothing behind. How can this be fixed?
Is it A1? If it is than you are in a wrong forum. Could be similar but not necessarily.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

VCDS is software (~$300) for your laptop that allows you to troubleshoot all sorts of problems with your car. It comes with a USB cable that plugs into your car's OBD-II port, which is typically near the hood release handle in the driver's foot well. The VCDS software would very likely allow you to see which sensor is indicating the non-existent obstacle. You could then likely replace that sensor with a cheap one from Ebay.

If you want to disable your parking sensor system so it no longer beeps, VCDS would likely allow you to code it out (tell the car that no such system is installed). Another option might be to go into the back of the car (on the A8 at least), usually on the driver's side. There is a panel that can be removed. The parking sensor control module is there. Maybe one could just unplug it. But that may cause a dash light or other annoying system.

-JT
Old 12-30-2017, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi
My parkingsensors don't respond at all in A8 2008 facelift model The sensor button on the dash has no light either.
Running the VCDS gives me the following readings
Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 4E0-910-283.lbl
Part No SW: 4E0 910 283 C HW: 4E0 919 283 C
Component: Parkhilfe 8-Kan H12 0040
Revision: 00H12000 Serial number: 08740810504184
Coding: 0221008
Shop #: WSC 02313 785 00200
VCID: 234FF155E2CED91
3 Faults Found:
01549 - Supply Voltage for Parking-Aid Sensor
009 - Open or Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 167
Mileage: 183143 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2017.12.26
Time: 17:46:34
00576 - Terminal 15
008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100010

My car is an Audi A8 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 facelift model.
I have the camera as well which works well with the guidelines however the sensors and the sensor graphic do not respond at all.
I would appreciate any help
thanks in advance
Old 12-30-2017, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mishar
Those two codes are actually one, luck of power to the sensors. Parking-Aid Sensors are connected only to the Parking Aid Control Module (no direct + or - connections). I would check power supply to the module. Red/yellow and black/yellow wires should be ~12V.

You can check pin layout here.
Hi
My parkingsensors don't respond at all in A8 2008 facelift model The sensor button on the dash has no light either.
Running the VCDS gives me the following readings
Address 76: Park Assist Labels: 4E0-910-283.lbl
Part No SW: 4E0 910 283 C HW: 4E0 919 283 C
Component: Parkhilfe 8-Kan H12 0040
Revision: 00H12000 Serial number: 08740810504184
Coding: 0221008
Shop #: WSC 02313 785 00200
VCID: 234FF155E2CED91
3 Faults Found:
009 - Open or Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101001
00576 - Terminal 15
008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100010
Time: 17:46:34My car is an Audi A8 3.0 TDI Quattro 2008 facelift model. I have the camera as well which works well with the guidelines however the sensors and the sensor graphic do not respond at all.
I would appreciate any help
thanks in advance
Old 12-31-2017, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've had all sorts of parking sensor problems and it's always just one faulty sensor somewhere:

1) Find the parking sensor module behind the trim on the driver's side in the trunk. There are two identical wire clips attached to the modeule, one for the front sensors and one for the back. I unplug them, one by one, and then try the sensors, until I can figure out if the problem is with the front or back sensors. For example if the faulty sensor is up front, unplugging the front bank of sensors will allow the back ones to start working again. Sort of. I can hear them clicking if I place my ear up to them. That tells me that the faulty sensor is up front.
2) Once I've determined that the faulty sensor is in the front or the back, I take a new sensor and swap it in, one by one, until I've replaced the faulty one. Then everything works again. The rear sensors are easy to get to from underneath. The front side sensors take some wrist articulation to replace but can be done from above or below. The center two up front require removal of the bumper cover to replace. Sensors are about $20 to $30 each when purchased online.

If your sensors haven't been working for a long time it's possible you have two or more faulty sensors in which case finding the faulty ones would be much harder without replacing all of them. Good luck.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've had all sorts of parking sensor problems and it's always just one faulty sensor somewhere:

1) Find the parking sensor module behind the trim on the driver's side in the trunk. There are two identical wire clips attached to the modeule, one for the front sensors and one for the back. I unplug them, one by one, and then try the sensors, until I can figure out if the problem is with the front or back sensors. For example if the faulty sensor is up front, unplugging the front bank of sensors will allow the back ones to start working again. Sort of. I can hear them clicking if I place my ear up to them. That tells me that the faulty sensor is up front.
2) Once I've determined that the faulty sensor is in the front or the back, I take a new sensor and swap it in, one by one, until I've replaced the faulty one. Then everything works again. The rear sensors are easy to get to from underneath. The front side sensors take some wrist articulation to replace but can be done from above or below. The center two up front require removal of the bumper cover to replace. Sensors are about $20 to $30 each when purchased online.

If your sensors haven't been working for a long time it's possible you have two or more faulty sensors in which case finding the faulty ones would be much harder without replacing all of them. Good luck.
Thanks PowerlvrWill follow your instructions Sounds logicalI was looking for a solution like the one you have given as I didn’t know where to start from. Will update you in due course. Kindest regards
Old 01-02-2018, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi
Today I accessed the PDS module. I unplugged the cables one by one and tried to hear the sensors but no luck.
I ran the VCDS while unplugging them one by one. There was no change in the diagnostics.
I am thinking on the lines of disconnecting the sensors and one by one and then try to hear the sensors or running the diagnostics.
Please advise?

Kindest regards
Old 01-02-2018, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is what worked for me:

1) At the parking sensor control module, unplug the front bank of sensors.
2) Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the accessory position (i.e. the screen comes up out of the dash, etc. but the engine doesn't start). Leave the car in PARK with the parking brake engaged.
3) Push the parking sensor button on the dash (one quick push) until the green light on the sensor button comes on.
4) Check the screen to see if any of the rear sensors are showing. Go put ear up to them, right on them in fact, to hear them clicking (it's a subtle clicking).
5) If no sensors are showing on screen and none are clicking, then one of the rear sensors must be out. Unplug the rear sensor bank from the module and repeat these steps to see if the front ones are working.

Once the faulty sensor is diagnosed as being in front or back, start swapping until the bad one is found and replaced.

Quick Reply: What could these parking sensor fault codes indicate?