A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Lease Rates and MF

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Lease Rates and MF

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has knowledge of the lease programs for 2012. I usually find the info on ridewithg.com but as of now they don't have the 2012 A8 listed. The dealer quoted me a buy rate .00193 MF for a LWB 36/15k. I would have thought it would have been a little better than that, and to add to my skepticism, its my first time with Audi, as I've been a Lexus owner, and I can't verify whether that is the buy rate or if the dealer has bumped it up. Living in south Florida, the dealer most certainly is being upfront right :-)

Anyways, I'm not sure if this is even the correct forum, but I've found so much help and info in this forum over the last year, I figured that I would ask.

Also, I've narrowed my color choice down to the metallic blue with nougat interior and black alcantara, or the glacier pearl with black interior and black alcantara, my LS 460 is glacier frost with black interior and looks really nice in the sun. Any thoughts on the Audi glacier pearl paint, ,versus the blue metallic?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Both colors you are looking at are great. Obviously, in Florida, the white is the easiest to live with.

But as to the blue, I've attached pics of mine. The blue is muted, except when in direct sunlight, then it sparkles a bit.

I would also recommend looking at the quartz grey metallic. In bright sunlight, that color is fantastic.
Attached Images   
Old 07-17-2011, 05:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thankys for the response, I see what you mean, they look like two different cars. As if I am not having a hard enough time deciding on which color to go with, thanks for throwing in the silver.

I'm probably pulling the trigger and ordering mine this week, anything that you didn't build ours with nd now regret? or vice versa, anything that you did get, and now feel that you could have done without?

Again, thanks for the input, and sharing your beautiful car
Old 07-17-2011, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 718 Likes on 507 Posts

Cadstar- if you go with the LWB model be sure to spec it with the Drive Select Plus package. The sport rear differential and dynamic steering included in this package are must haves IMO, and significantly add to the driving characteristics of the car. The Panorama Sunroof is also pretty cool and really lightens up the interior---especially if you go with the black interior. And yes, the Quartz Grey is especially nice in bright sunlight (see pic below).

Big G- love your car, and am really glad you found the exact sports/color build you wanted. I tried to get a factory swap to the 5-spoke Sports Package wheels, but Audi AG and AofA were being hard **** about it and I didn't feel like having to buy them or feel strong enough to make it my dealer's problem. But they really look good on the D4.
Attached Images  

Last edited by derfA8L; 07-18-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Cad - attached are a couple of additional pics of the Quartz Grey for your reference.

As far as options, as Derf mentions, the dynamic steering and sport differential really add to the sporty nature of the car. On the NWB it is excellent, and Derf indicates it may be even more valuable on the Long Wheel Base.

One option I could live without is the night vision. It is handy, but doesn't sound the alarms for pedestrians or animals if the outside ambient temp is in the mid 70s or higher (because it looks for heat signatures). Since you are in So. Florida, where temps are generally in 70s or higher 10 months of the year, the value of the night vision is diminished. I use it primarily to see through ladies' clothing. j/k

I find that I rely on side assist frequently to help with blindspots. I would recommend that option if it is in the budget. The dynamic cruise control I love and use daily, but I do not think it is a must have.

Unless you are an audiophile, then you could also skip the $6,000 B&O soundsystem. The stock Bose system is very good and would satisfy most people.

I was originally skeptical about the LED headlights when the car first came out, but after living with it, I am glad I have that option - not to mention that it adds to the uniqueness of the vehicle.

Good luck with it.
Attached Images   
Old 07-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would highly suggest getting the Rear Seat Comfort pkg or at least the 4 Zone Climate Control. Otherwise, the rear center console looks a bit cheap to my eye with just cup holders. If you add just the Cold Weather pkg (unlikely in FL) without the above, then the buttons for the rear seat warmers are placed at the back of the front center console which are a pain to reach especially in the A8L.

Having driven A8s with and without the sports rear diff, I agree that it is a great option. I don't know how much you push your cars but to me there is a significant difference between the sports rear diff and the ESC near the limit. I absolutely second the recommendation for the adaptive cruise and side assist which come as part of the Driver Assistance pkg.

I still wonder if I made the right choice with the LED lights. They look great but they do not turn like the Xenons. Balao Brown pkg for 2012 is another one I was debating.

I was a bit disappointed by the massage seats. They are definitely strong enough but do not seem to go high enough in the center of the back which is where I get a kink on long drives. I'm guessing this is due to the motor and stalks for the headrest which are placed in that area. I wish they could have placed the motor in the headrest itself and put additional massage equipment there. However, I'm guessing you would order this in FL since it comes in the Premium pkg with ventilated seats.

Best wishes.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I think I've made my mind up

So after researching and listening to all the input. I have decided that I will configure the vehicle as follows:

A8L Glacier White/Nougat Brown Interior
*Driver Assist Package
*Driver Select plus package
*Premium Package
*LED headlights
*4-zone climate control
*Dual Pane Glass
*Alcantara Headliner Black

The options that I added as a result of everyones input, the Driver select plus package, the option that I dropped from everyones input,the Night Vision. As I write this, Im waiting to hear back from dealership "a" to see if they are going to match the offer that I have from dealership "b".

I went with the Glacier White because I have the Glacier Frost Pearl on my LS460 which is an absolute beauty, although Audi's is a metallic paint and not a pearl, I have a hunch that it is probably just as beautiful and will be a head turner like my LS460 was back when you didn't see many on the road in 2008.

The only other question I have for you current owners... rear vanity mirrors... the order guide lists them as a part of the rear seat comfort package. Does this mean that without that option, there are no rear vanity mirrors? If so, I find that a bit cheap.

With regard to the night vision, my brother in law uses his on his Merc to help visibility when its raining, and I thought of ordering it just for the sake of it, but at the end of the day, I hate driving at night anyways, so it would probably go unused.

Thanks for all the help, Im off to dealer "b" to place my order, as dealer "a" just called back, and was unable to match, and claims he would "lose $500 if he sold the car for that price".
Old 07-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe the rear vanity mirrors come with either the panorama sunroof or the rear seat comfort pkg. They are not standard.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 718 Likes on 507 Posts

Rear Vanity Mirrors come only with either the Rear Seat Comfort or Executive Rear Seat packages. If you often have rear passengers for longish drives, the Rear Seat Comfort set-up is very nice---hell, I wish I could spend time in the rear cabin of my car just to float back there with the seat set to the "lounge" position. ;^)

As for the Night Vision Assist option, it could come in handy in severe rain or fog conditions where normal visability is limited---even during daylight hours. I haven't used it that way (yet), but I recall a few others have posted that it helped them in fog and heavy snow situations.

Last edited by derfA8L; 07-19-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe I have seen 2011 A8L with the panoramic sunroof but without any rear seat packages that have the rear vanity mirror as well. Might be good to check if you feel it is worth it.