A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 + $30K = S8. where does that money go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expected percentage above invoice

I'm looking to purchase a 2013 S8, what percentage above invoice should I expect to pay ?

When do orders start on 2014 ?
Old 03-25-2013, 04:55 PM
L0U
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bnzvett
I'm looking to purchase a 2013 S8, what percentage above invoice should I expect to pay ?

When do orders start on 2014 ?
july orders are 2014 for oct deliveries. The early adopters of the S8 had some wiggle room, before any tests were conducted. After the big numbers and press started rolling in, the price went to msrp. 2014 could see a jump due to the very high demand. Imagine after the comparison shootout has it beating the S63.....its gonna get ugly, the more results that come in.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kudos to 4Life. That is a genuinely thorough answer.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by L0U
july orders are 2014 for oct deliveries. The early adopters of the S8 had some wiggle room, before any tests were conducted. After the big numbers and press started rolling in, the price went to msrp. 2014 could see a jump due to the very high demand. Imagine after the comparison shootout has it beating the S63.....its gonna get ugly, the more results that come in.
Mine was put on order last December and they still can't tell me when it will be made, much less delivered. It was supposed to be delivered in April, but now that can't be confirmed. Audi is seriously behind on the S8 production (maybe intentionally to keep the supply down and demand up). I got a $10,000 discount off MSRP that will probably never happen again--but then I don't have the car yet and I'm losing patience.

My dealer did say that if it was not built by June it would be a 2014. Can't believe I am waiting this long for a car to be built even though they sold me a 2013 A8L as a "loaner" until my S8 comes in and they agreed to trade me out at the same price I paid.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HouTexAudi
Mine was put on order last December and they still can't tell me when it will be made, much less delivered. It was supposed to be delivered in April, but now that can't be confirmed. Audi is seriously behind on the S8 production (maybe intentionally to keep the supply down and demand up). I got a $10,000 discount off MSRP that will probably never happen again--but then I don't have the car yet and I'm losing patience.

My dealer did say that if it was not built by June it would be a 2014. Can't believe I am waiting this long for a car to be built even though they sold me a 2013 A8L as a "loaner" until my S8 comes in and they agreed to trade me out at the same price I paid.
Did you get confirmation from Audi that your S8 was ordered, or did you just hear if from the dealer? The dealers only have so many slots in which they can make an S8 order so your order won't go to Audi until a slot opens up for your dealership. When I ordered mine there were no slots available but fortunately one opened up quickly. If your order was able to fill a slot back in December, then I too will have a longer wait then I was told.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mountainar
Did you get confirmation from Audi that your S8 was ordered, or did you just hear if from the dealer? The dealers only have so many slots in which they can make an S8 order so your order won't go to Audi until a slot opens up for your dealership. When I ordered mine there were no slots available but fortunately one opened up quickly. If your order was able to fill a slot back in December, then I too will have a longer wait then I was told.
I love my S8 dearly, and am glad I have had it since December. That said, I will sell mine if either of you are interested. Its fully loaded MSRP 128. Only thing it doesn't have is night vision. Silver/lunar silver. 5,044 miles. 90% highway
Old 03-29-2013, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RL371
I love my S8 dearly, and am glad I have had it since December. That said, I will sell mine if either of you are interested. Its fully loaded MSRP 128. Only thing it doesn't have is night vision. Silver/lunar silver. 5,044 miles. 90% highway
why would you be selling it?
Old 03-29-2013, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HouTexAudi

There is a loaded S8 at my local dealer if you have any interest. Triple black. 129k sticker.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by navin in KC
why would you be selling it?
It's a very expensive habit to have, and one I'm trying to break, but I've never had a car more than a year. I'm not actively trying to sell my car right now, but if there's demand, I'll sell it. I'm hoping I can own this one for a long time (for me, that would be 24 months). I'd like to hold out until the new model CL 63AMG comes out. An AWD version of that car will be a beast.

If I sold my S8 today, I'd get an 13 SC RR to guzzle gas until the new S550 comes out. Then purchase the CL63 mid 14 when it comes out.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RL371
It's a very expensive habit to have, and one I'm trying to break, but I've never had a car more than a year. I'm not actively trying to sell my car right now, but if there's demand, I'll sell it. I'm hoping I can own this one for a long time (for me, that would be 24 months). I'd like to hold out until the new model CL 63AMG comes out. An AWD version of that car will be a beast.

If I sold my S8 today, I'd get an 13 SC RR to guzzle gas until the new S550 comes out. Then purchase the CL63 mid 14 when it comes out.
Wow! you do have a problem. But I'd suspect that there are worse problems that a person can have. If you can afford your habbit, have fun. I wish I could bring myself to do that but I'm too cheap. I'm the guy who started this particular thread and am trying to figure out what to replace my 2005 Audi A8L with, ha!

Quick Reply: A8 + $30K = S8. where does that money go?