A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi connect - worth the $$??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KT88
Thanks, all. Sounds like it will work as planned .. the C7.5 update apparently where it happened on that series and of course our '17 Q7 requires Audi Prime to work as well.

I don't mind 3G as all I use it for is online destination searching and 3G performance is fine for that.
Yep, 3G works fine for me. Not like I'm trying to stream movies while driving.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puzz1
My Audi connect subscription ran out about a month ago and I have been meaning to renew it. However it's been 30 days and quite frankly, I'm not sure I really miss it. Do you guys really feel that it's worth it or is it a waste of money?
It is not worthed to renew the subscription for Audi Connect.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Haven't used it when I had it, haven't had it for over two years.I use Waze for travel, so i don't even use the nav. My opinion
Old 03-02-2018, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

We had the trial with our 2018 Q5. Just expired today. The only thing I really noticed was the Google Earth maps in Navigation and traffic, vs now it's back to the basic navigation 2Dish looking thing and doesn't display traffic. TBH, outside of looking at the Audi Connect App only a handful of times in the last few times, I haven't utilized anything else or don't even know what else it could do.

I mainly use voice commands for navigation (navigate to...), but have also been plugging phone in and using Android Auto (google commands). Would those be affected by not renewing my subscription? Doesn't sound like I need to or should renew the subscription with A.C.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 135 Likes on 85 Posts

Anyone know if Verizon will work on a T mobil car? I dont mind spending $10 a month for it but dont want to go to another cellular company and have a contract. Plus I hate AT&T. Almost makes me want to get rid of Dirct TV even though I have had them 20 years.
AT&T works for crap out here where Verizon works everywhere. Two of my employees have to stand at a certain spot in my parking lot to get 1 bad and no matter where I am I have at least 4 if not all 5. LOL
Old 03-03-2018, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default No way

waste of money, Slow, useless. Audi should look at Ford Sync
Old 03-03-2018, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 613 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by LaserSVT
Anyone know if Verizon will work on a T mobil car? I dont mind spending $10 a month for it but dont want to go to another cellular company and have a contract. Plus I hate AT&T. Almost makes me want to get rid of Dirct TV even though I have had them 20 years.
AT&T works for crap out here where Verizon works everywhere. Two of my employees have to stand at a certain spot in my parking lot to get 1 bad and no matter where I am I have at least 4 if not all 5. LOL
Nope. Different radios completely. Verizon and Sprint are on CDMA and its related bands. If you go to Korea, about only other place still found. ATT, TMobile, Europe, and most of world basically are GSM. Anyone around you have TMobile where they can tell you their reception. Different co. (so far...) than AT&T.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 135 Likes on 85 Posts

Thank you sir, always a wealth of knowledge.

Everyone near me with T-mobil has okay coverage. So you are saying I may be able to get it through T-Mobil?
Old 03-04-2018, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 613 Likes on 511 Posts

Originally Posted by LaserSVT
Thank you sir, always a wealth of knowledge.

Everyone near me with T-mobil has okay coverage. So you are saying I may be able to get it through T-Mobil?
TMobile was the original carrier before ATT was intro'ed circa 2016--for what itself was superseded on the newest models by their newest captive play. But the original carrier is T Mobile. If you are finding AT&T stuff other than in most recent years, it would actually be people who were trying to end run the original official Audi USA set up. My 2013 Q5 and 2015 S8 are in fact both native T Mobile. T Mobile used to be owned by Deutsche Telekom. Thus maybe some German cronyism why they originally got the biz here even as a lesser player.

See if you can get into this website, or register for it: https://www.myaudiconnect.com/#/user/login Should just take a valid VIN. That gets you to subscription info among other things. There is some Audi USA 800 # you can call too--where the SIM cards also come from IIRC if the one in your car is missing or screwed up. If your car still has the original materials in it, mine had a thin cardboard envelope with the SIM card in it and a basic how to activate blurb. Mine was CPO and never activated so dealer managed to turn on the initial free trial period. Same for Q5 when it finally got to USA dealer after Euro delivery. Folks who have bought used and found no SIM card have called into the Audi Connect hotline to get one IIRC. If you are unsure, just buy a monthly subscription at first. Try it to see if any real value and connection is decent. If so, convert subscription. If not, cancel.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 03-04-2018 at 08:19 AM.