A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Balao Brown Interior Pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Balao Brown Interior Pics

Since this was under discussion on an earlier thread, here's what Balao Brown looks like...
Attached Images    
Old 08-31-2011, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's fantastic. Thanks for posting the pics derfA8L !
Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very impressive!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks very nice. From the photos, which may not always be the best representation, it kind of reminds me of the espresso brown/black in the D3 S8s.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Frankly, don't care for the white stripe at all - seems too thin, out of place and question what else it relates to in the interior other than the stitching which reminds me of an old football.

All that for a package that tops 17k to buy into "Balao Brown". Sometimes we should take a step back and realize that exclusivity at an outrageous up-charge borders on the foolish. Just don't understand what all the fuss is about in the other threads. Hey, if you like it, go for it

JMHO (actually not so humble...)
Old 09-09-2011, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by doctorharrison
Frankly, don't care for the white stripe at all - seems too thin, out of place and question what else it relates to in the interior other than the stitching which reminds me of an old football.

All that for a package that tops 17k to buy into "Balao Brown". Sometimes we should take a step back and realize that exclusivity at an outrageous up-charge borders on the foolish. Just don't understand what all the fuss is about in the other threads. Hey, if you like it, go for it

JMHO (actually not so humble...)
LOL...Guy gets into a D4 and loses his humbleness ;^)

Actually, I'm also not a big fan of interiors with contrasting stitching. There are a number of very nice interior colors available through Audi Exclusive that are (IMO) ridiculously/prohibitavely priced. I'd bet if they offered a few of those Audi Exclusive saddle brown and cognac colored interiors for not more than a more "modest" $2K upcharge, they'd probably see a significant number of vehicle orders with those interior choices. Audi would likely enjoy a higher profit per vehicle as a result. I mean, really, how many "exclusive" custom orders with these interiors do they actually get in a year, versus how a lower cost/higher order count option would positively impact their profit per vehicle stats.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The baleo brown is 4k and it requires the 6k full leather upgrade.

So it's 10k extra. You do have to get the ventilated seats and premium package as well. But the majority of a8s ordered have that option anyway.

A8s are 95-100k these days. So don't think it's overpriced.

The new d4 interior is far superior than the old one. I've sat in 185k bentleys and wasn't that impressed for how expensive the car was.

You can spend 10k upgrading the interior of a 911 w/o breaking a sweat. So on a large long wheel base saloon like the a8, there's far great use of expensive materials and man hours.

I think an ibis white a8 with the baleo interior would be stunner.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Jperry I agree, the Bentley Conti interior is not significantly better than the D3, and certainly not nicer than a loaded D4.

Also I agree on Balao with Ibis, but it also works beautifully with Silver.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default For whatever it's worth

The true color is somewhat lighter and softer than either Audi's or my pictures depict.

The contrasting stiching is limited, most is matching. The cream stripe and piping have an ever so slight cocoa cast. The overall effect is much more subtle than I expected.

As I said earlier, the more time I spend with it, the more I like it.

I had an Audi exclusive interior in the 06 D3 and loved every miniute of it. We don't buy these vehicles based on a return on investment locus, it's for the asthetic and tactile pleasures provided.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’ve got that interior in my 2012 w12. I looked long and hard to find it. The stripe really adds some pop. It’s a very nice place to spend time.

Quick Reply: Balao Brown Interior Pics