A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBS CH-R Graphite plus Michelin A/S 3 N-spec

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default BBS CH-R Graphite plus Michelin A/S 3 N-spec

Thought I'd post these up here before heading to the bay, etc. as these are very specific to the D4.

BBS CH-R BBS CH-R in Ti finish(20x9 ET29 5x112 66.6). I purchased the wheels new for an S6 I had at the time and of course has a smaller tire fitted then too. When I moved to the S8, I purchased the tires below. Wheels are mint except for one bit of rash which actually is covered by the new chrome trim ring which was replace to repair the damage. Not perfect, but cannot be seen easily as the new ring covers it 90%. I need more detailed pix of that. You'll have to decide for yourself how it looks.

The Michelin Pilot A/S 3 NO (275/40R-20 106V XL) are three months old with less than 1k on them. I personally love the Michelin A/S line of tires, but these Porsche-Spec ones for the Panamera G2 are the smoothest and quietest of any Michelin A/S tire I've driven. Handle great, no vibration issues as all ... really smooth as silk.

I invested $4,145 for the set as is. If anyone is interested please get in touch via PM with question or to make an offer. I have boxes to ship these, two wheels/tire per box, but much prefer local pickup at my home in Annapolis, MD

Sorry they're all fingerprints and smudgy as just took off truck from shop. I'll clean them up for new pix.

Paypal plus 3%. Shipping at cost to buyer.

Appreciate any comments. Thanks!

Old 11-30-2018, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

I have the same tires and they are great. Not crazy about the taller sidewall, but I'm getting used to it. Why selling?
Old 12-01-2018, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Puzz1
I have the same tires and they are great. Not crazy about the taller sidewall, but I'm getting used to it. Why selling?
Traded car on an S550 Coupe while waiting to find the perfect 2018 S8 Plus. Figure it will probably take at least a year so trying something new.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Curious - what's your assessment of the Mercedes vs. the Audi?
Old 12-02-2018, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dgbaudiphile
Curious - what's your assessment of the Mercedes vs. the Audi?
Hard question to answer after only five days driving this car. A more fair assessment would be the S8 vs the S63 anyway. This car is half a second slower 0-60 than the S8 and the 7G transmission sluggish compared to the ZF. It does have a nice low-end grunt with it's higher torque. Performance is adequate, but it is more a GT cruiser. I suspect the Conti RFs contribute to this, but the suspension settings are not as soft in comfort and not as tight in Sport as the Audi. It does not feel as heavy in the twisties though so a bit more nimble even though curb weight 100 lbs more. And it is a bit shorter than the S8 with a tighter turning radius.

I would say interior build quality is similar, but overall quality I'd give to the Audi. I would not say MBZ's "Sensual Purity" aesthetic pleases me more, but it is different and refreshing.

Lot of little likes vs dislikes too numerous to mention, but I really like the Hold function at the bottom of the brake pedal, voice control is much more accurate; still learning the COMAND system, but if you know what you're looking for it's easy enough to find. The MBZ surround-view camera system is far superior imho. The moonroof is huge, but it does not even tilt up which is disappointing.

Couple pix from test drive.