A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From D3 to D4

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up From D3 to D4

After a long time of searching finally yesterday I upgraded from a D3 (2004) to a 2012 A8L, which is Audi CPO with Audi care till 45K miles. I'm sill studying the car. There are a few thing I have noticed so far like the smaller Trunk size on the new one, the whole car also seems to be much lighter?! It is CPO Audi vehicle, so I hope that all possible glitches will be covered. One thing I also noticed is that the Ambient interior light does not turn ruby red, so I have to go back to the dealer and ask to check it.
Based on your experience so far, how reliable this car has been for yo guys? I spent about 60K for this car, so I hope it is worth it!!

Thank you for your input.
A.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats,

BTW the Ruby is only in the doors, because the selection is polar and Ruby, Polar for the roof, ruby on the doors.

At least that is the way it is on my car.

5000 trouble free miles so far.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too own a A8L 2012 and thus far I am happy with it. I put ~7K on her myself and the only issue I had was the navigation antenna needed to be replace. covered under Factory warranty.

does yours have the B&O system in it? I liked the Bose system in my other Audi's but the B&O is so much better that I believe it is an option I cannot do without. I also have the rear seat entertainment but have not used it at all to date. Thinking this is an option I can really live without.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello I also owned 2012 d4 I think got same problem with GPS navigation my position it's off-road going to dealer tomorrow still under warranty otherwise love it!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations !

My 2012 has been very reliable, but I don't put a lot of miles on any more.
I think you will find it is well worth it and a big upgrade from the D3.
You also saved a lot compared to those of us who bought new

What color combination is it, and what packages does it have ?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Djgaby
Hello I also owned 2012 d4 I think got same problem with GPS navigation my position it's off-road going to dealer tomorrow still under warranty otherwise love it!!!
Mine was placing me about 4 states to the left and never following any roads.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep i got the same problem
Old 01-13-2014, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default No B&O

Mine did not come with B&O, maybe it would have made an audi difference, yet bought it about 40K less than original sticker price with only 23.5 K mile on it. You can't beat that!

Originally Posted by Lazydog
I too own a A8L 2012 and thus far I am happy with it. I put ~7K on her myself and the only issue I had was the navigation antenna needed to be replace. covered under Factory warranty.

does yours have the B&O system in it? I liked the Bose system in my other Audi's but the B&O is so much better that I believe it is an option I cannot do without. I also have the rear seat entertainment but have not used it at all to date. Thinking this is an option I can really live without.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Navi?!

At the time of purchase I was told that Extended CPO warranty does not cover the Navi! Is this true?
By the way, how did you notice that some thing was wrong with the Navi? On regular driving to work days, I never use Navi.

Originally Posted by Djgaby
Old 01-13-2014, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

By the way, I still had no time to change the picture on my site!!
This the picture from my old One (D3).

Originally Posted by abarmard
At the time of purchase I was told that Extended CPO warranty does not cover the Navi! Is this true?
By the way, how did you notice that some thing was wrong with the Navi? On regular driving to work days, I never use Navi.