A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy to clean wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

These wheels were a PITA to clean. I ended up removing the chrome dividers and they still sucked. One of the reasons I got rid of them/

Old 03-29-2022, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

Yes, they are- hence the hunt for a simpler design! I'm leaning toward the OEM rotors but am not completely sold that those are in my future.
Old 03-29-2022, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Paladin-S8
Yes, they are- hence the hunt for a simpler design! I'm leaning toward the OEM rotors but am not completely sold that those are in my future.
Personally not a huge fan of OEM rotors. I picked these up and they are much easier to clean. Still a few crevices but not nearly as time consuming and annoying as the S8 standard wheels. They are genuine C7 RS6 wheels (21x9.5 ET25) that I had shipped over from Germany. To my knowledge they might be one of the only ones stateside. I also don't need to run spacers for them to sit flush due to the more concave offset.

The following users liked this post:
09S5 (03-29-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yeah, those look really great- and you keep them pristine, which I like. I find myself wiping wheels at least once a week but really should do them at least twice a week- and I don't even drive like I used to, I'd be doing them every day if that were the case. So easier to clean wheels is def on the menu.
Old 03-29-2022, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah, those look really great- and you keep them pristine, which I like. I find myself wiping wheels at least once a week but really should do them at least twice a week- and I don't even drive like I used to, I'd be doing them every day if that were the case. So easier to clean wheels is def on the menu.
Thank you. One thing I did was apply ceramic coating on them. I've found that brake dust doesn't dig itself into the wheels and pressure washing gets most of the dust off. Highly recommend ceramic coating for easy maintenance on wheels
Old 03-29-2022, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I agree; I just got some from Torque Detail, so I'm going to try it out once I can get a decon wash going. Too cold out for that now.
Old 03-30-2022, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree; I just got some from Torque Detail, so I'm going to try it out once I can get a decon wash going. Too cold out for that now.
I'm seeing torque detail everywhere all of a sudden. Let me know what you think of it please when you get around to using it. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2022, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Will do!
Old 03-30-2022, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AlaskanAudi
Personally not a huge fan of OEM rotors. I picked these up and they are much easier to clean. Still a few crevices but not nearly as time consuming and annoying as the S8 standard wheels. They are genuine C7 RS6 wheels (21x9.5 ET25) that I had shipped over from Germany. To my knowledge they might be one of the only ones stateside. I also don't need to run spacers for them to sit flush due to the more concave offset.

Those are the same wheels that I have on my car. They were a factory option. I have the ceramic brakes, so 0 brake dust but they are really easy to clean when it rains and road grime gets on them. You can just use a wash mitt to clean between the spokes.
Old 03-30-2022, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I first saw them on an S7 I came across that was for sale. Always liked them but they're pretty rare to find for sale; at least not used. I've been looking at aftermarket wheels but I don't want to be bothered with spacers, hub rings or extra length wheel bolts. Though a lot of places offer custom drilling from blanks, which is good, it is hard to find the style I like, an old school solid 5-spoke design, that also looks good and is in current circulation. Most of them have been discontinued, probably because of the old school look. I had a line on a set that I now know would've been perfect for me (Vossen CV3s in 22x10.5) but I blew it.

And there's the issue of cost; I'm not interested in paying more than a couple grand for a set of wheels by themselves as well as size...do I go lower to 20s or up to 22s? 21s are rarely offered outside of OEM and the ones I've seen I didn't particularly like. There are some OEM looking knockoffs on eBay but MP has me worrying about excess weight at the corners. Last thing I want is to turn my beautiful girl into a PIG. More than she already is, I mean.

Quick Reply: Easy to clean wheels?