A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to Test Drive This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks and sounds good. The night vision is nice, but I've not used mine yet. It might be more of a distraction? The rear entertainment would be useless to me me, but maybe not to someone with frequent tear passengers. That interior would have to grow on me. You only live once, if you like it, get it. If not, you'll eventually find EXACTLY what you want.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Definitely not the interior color most would choose but I love it. The rear seat entertainment is useless for me as well but will probably help with resale in the future. And the price seems right.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Window sticker:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SKM_C454e16072015130.pdf (492.8 KB, 120 views)
Old 07-21-2016, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Get the Car inspected Audi will sell you a CPO with an accident without telling you

Just want to warn everyone in the forum. I recently purchased a CPO S5 Convertible I was told that the car was not in an accident the car-fax was clean but when I got home I noticed the front end was misaligned. I ran an auto check and found out that it was in an accident. the dealer took back the car but its now reselling it CPO and acting like its perfect. Initially I thought it was an honest mistake but know I know better. I called Audi to complain but was told that CPO cars can be certified even if they are in an accident. I am fine with that but it should be disclosed to the consumer.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

That's disappointing. If you were told it was without an accident, and it turned out to be, I'd call that the bigger issue. Assuming it has been repaired properly(I know this one wasn't,) buying a car that has been in an accident is just fine. You just need to know how bad, since some accidents it can never be properly repaired. In those cases, it's usually a car that should have been totaled that wasn't. I'd complain to AOA and make the deception the focus of your complaint, as they are right to allow cars with an accident history to be CPO, provided they are repaired fully.

Last edited by Jack88; 07-21-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

My 2 cents is it is a beautiful car and while some of the colors, options, etc. might be different than some of us might have chosen, it doesn't matter that much in a previously owned vehicle especially if you like it. The night vision for instance is something I use quite often as I travel in rural areas with tons of deer and lots of joggers, cyclists, etc. Night vision has aided me in numerous situations. The price is in line with NADA and the only options that add to the used value is very limited. If you like it, buy it. And if the dealer provides good service, that is probably most important.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you're patient, you'll eventually find Exactly what you want. Took me two years to buy mine. Although only looked sporatatilly. If you follow closely what's comes up. 3-6 months tops you'll find it.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Jack88
That's disappointing. If you were told it was without an accident, and it turned out to be, I'd call that the bigger issue. Assuming it has been repaired properly(I know this one wasn't,) buying a car that has been in an accident is just fine. You just need to know how bad, since some accidents it can never be properly repaired. In those cases, it's usually a car that should have been totaled that wasn't. I'd complain to AOA and make the deception the focus of your complaint, as they are right to allow cars with an accident history to be CPO, provided they are repaired fully.

I agree if it was disclosed it would not have been a problem it was not disclosed. they just said the car is perfect just look at the car fax. the worse part about it is after they took the car from me they just put it back for sale as a CPO and they have not disclosed that it was in an accident. I called AOA and they did not care. Its really disappointing. It makes me not want to buy an Audi. Which sucks because I really love the car.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Don't give up. You'll find that perfect A8L and never look back. The Audi D'5's are awesome. I think you'll find the gergect one and be glad you waited. The cold weather package and rear reclining seats are great, especially if you want to please the passengers or be shoffered around. Pleasing the driver is more important to me. The cold weather package for the heated wheel is nice. I use it all the time in Ohio. The rest heated seats I think was used once in 8 years. Another plus is that car you're looking at will depreciate around $5k by next year. Auto trader is a good place to put in what you want and email you anytime something new comes up. Just be prepared to take a one way flight over 400 miles. Chances are you'll find one closer when 2017's come out and lease turn ins. I just happened to find what I was looking for less the cold weather package. It's always parked in a under ground garage that only fluctuates about 15-20 degrees. Plus doctors gave me 3 months left in this world, so I'm driving the wheels off it. Has a warranty till 2018 or 100k mi. Figured it was now or never and got lucky finding it within 40 miles of me. Private seller. Depending on the damage in accident? They're never quite the same. That car dealers deception would make me run from them.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Please excuse my typing on iPhone. Doesn't give me a edit option. U have to use your imagination a little on my posts. In the D4 platform

Quick Reply: Going to Test Drive This Weekend