A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads Up Display Coding A8 UK 2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You need couver on top of HUD and wiring set too.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you please the parts? I am interested as well.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey guys,

Today I finally managed to flash my HUD to get the latest version available 0023. (FL_4H0919617___0023_S.frf)
I did this because for some reason I am not able to rotate (left-right) the display.
I was running software 0021.
But to my surprise; after the flash I'm still not able to do this...
The adaptation menu is present but the adaptation channel is missing (function not available)...

Looking at what mmi.drachten was doing, I'm very sure it is not a hardware limitation.
Putting the PCB of qn A6 in the A8 unit, he can rotate his image.
Could someone please confirm that it is possible on a A8/S8 ? What version of the software are you running?

I might try the security code but I'n have big doubts it will work...

Thanks a lot everyone !
Old 09-24-2020, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi guys,

I am also attempting to retrofit HUD on my prefacelift A8. Hope someone can help me understand how to switch PCB with A6’s HUD. Did you just remove the screws (circled in yellow) and remove the back piece (circled in red), and replace it with the one from A6? And after the rebuild when doing VCDS scan, did it show HW&SW# 4G0 as from the A6 or still have the old# 4H0?

Greatly appreciate your help!

Old 10-07-2020, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi guys, I just finished retrofitting HUD on my 2013 A8. Thanks to this forum, I rebuilt the display unit with an A6 PCB and was able to get ACC and Lane Assist to display. So far all functions work well, except two minor issues.
1. I coded the HUD unit according to the earlier discussions. Only thing is that US models do not support traffic sign recognition even though I managed to enable it via coding. However, if I unselect bit 0 to not enable traffic sign recognition on HUD, it throws a fault code “control unit incorrectly coded”. If I select bit 0 to enable traffic sign recognition then no fault code shows up. I’m a little confused here about what could have gone wrong.
2. I enabled HUD menu in MMI via green hidden menu. However, the HUD menu remains gray and shows “system is currently unavailable” if I try to click on it. Although the display works just fine regardless. I’m wondering what could the possible cause of such problem.
Hope someone can share their thoughts on these issues. Greatly appreciate your help!
best regards

Old 03-14-2021, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have a question about the HUD on my UK RHD 2014 Facelift D4/4H or more specifically the HUD trim atop the dashboard.

How is it removed?

Is it just a simple matter of using a spudger or something from the top and prising/pulling it off or is it more convoluted and maybe necessitate removing the cluster to locate & remove any fixing bolts from the underside of the dash?

Curious minds need to know...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 03-14-2021, 08:28 AM

Received 158 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by GlynH
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have a question about the HUD on my UK RHD 2014 Facelift D4/4H or more specifically the HUD trim atop the dashboard.

How is it removed?

Is it just a simple matter of using a spudger or something from the top and prising/pulling it off or is it more convoluted and maybe necessitate removing the cluster to locate & remove any fixing bolts from the underside of the dash?

Curious minds need to know...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
You're on the right track. Just use some basic trim/spudger tools like you initially thought.
Old 03-15-2021, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by virtualrc
You're on the right track. Just use some basic trim/spudger tools like you initially thought.
Thanks for the heads-up (did you see what I done there?) I’ll give it another go.

When I tried removing it like that last time it wouldn’t budge and although I know A8 trim can be very tight at times I didn’t want to force it and break something.

I laid a microfibre cloth to protect the dash, rested a rubber-coated metal plate on that to spread the load and prised as much as I dared all to no avail.

I’ll pluck up the courage to give it another go as I was in the ballpark...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 07-08-2021, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi,

I am Rainer from Germany and studied all.
A few minutes ago I ordered a 4G0 919 604 M, too (for 560 Euro) für my A8 from 05.2016.

Till a few weeks ago I drove for 5 years an A6 from 11.2011 with HUD with Lane Assist and ACC - and I would like to have it again in my A8 HUD.

I think, I will install it the next week.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yesterday I did the platine change - successful.
And I wrote a complete manual, which I could send you - with german text and a lot of helpful pictures.
Now I have the same HUD in my A8 from 2016 as before 5 years in my A6 from 2011.

Quick Reply: Heads Up Display Coding A8 UK 2016