A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memory Seat Oddity Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memory Seat Oddity Update

Reportedly, all 2011 and later Audi models with seat memory are now set up to ignore seat repositionings, i.e, another driver adjusting the seat, instead, treating it as an intentional new position once the car is locked despite the position stored in either memory. This is the official Audi answer as relayed by the Audi technician. A bit of a step back from prior models' apparent ability to obtain seat position from key-fob memory, but easier to live with knowing it's not a defect.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by DRCHA6
Reportedly, all 2011 and later Audi models with seat memory are now set up to ignore seat repositionings, i.e, another driver adjusting the seat, instead, treating it as an intentional new position once the car is locked despite the position stored in either memory. This is the official Audi answer as relayed by the Audi technician. A bit of a step back from prior models' apparent ability to obtain seat position from key-fob memory, but easier to live with knowing it's not a defect.
Thanks for the update :^)
Old 07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

I would love to see that response on Audi letterhead.

If key was not suppose to link to seat memory, then why would there be a configuration option in MMI to have the keyfob remember the seat setting?

Apparently Audi contemplated that functionality and built it into the MMI.

Something doesn't smell right.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts

[QUOTE=BigGrasshopper;24169362]I would love to see that response on Audi letterhead.

If key was not suppose to link to seat memory, then why would there be a configuration option in MMI to have the keyfob remember the seat setting?

Something doesn't smell right."

Apparently, with the MMI settings, the functionality has the key remembering the last position the seat was in at shutoff, just not the "stored" position held by the memory buttons.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=derfA8L;24169405]
Originally Posted by BigGrasshopper
I would love to see that response on Audi letterhead.

Something doesn't smell right."

Apparently, with the MMI settings, the functionality has the key remembering the last position the seat was in at shutoff, just not the "stored" position held by the memory buttons.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

derfA8L is correct as the situation was explained to me. Part of the headache is the incorrect information and omissions in the owner's manual. At least on my car, the memory position is not retained unless you set the seat position, store it in memory 1 or 2, then exit the car and lock the car via the fob. This tidbit is not in the manual... I stumbled across it in the Q7 forum. Also, in early build cars with the key port in the dash like mine, the fob has to be inserted into it as you're programming the seat, mirror and steering wheel positions before the fob memory can accept the limited abilities of this new and improved system. The manual says nothing about this procedure either.