A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multimedia 5F - 16347 fault

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Multimedia 5F - 16347 fault

Hi everyone,

I’ve been investigating this fault for some time now.

I’d thought it was a software version mismatch on the navigation system, so tried changing it using an Adaption on Channel 15.

In my case changing from 22851 to 37009.

However it never changes and just reverts back to its old setting of 22851.

Anyone know how to do this?

Is the 5F 16347 even an SVM issue?
See article - https://www.audienthusiasts.com/Appl..._SVMError.html

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2021, 08:58 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

A search says "16347 - Control Module faulty/defective (EEPROM Error)"
The ONLY fixes are to replace the control module or perhaps flash new firmware. One is expensive and the other is potentially dangerous if not done by the dealer.
This error is NOT the same as SVM issue you linked to.
Sorry.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:10 AM
W12 Aficionado

Received 620 Likes on 416 Posts

You can get cheap ones on eBay these days and if you like fiddling you can find help online with removing component protection for free or close to free
Old 03-20-2021, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

I cannot remember the fault number I have but I know it's because on green screen I have aux turned on always because of the carplay box. Did you happen to do that?
Old 03-22-2021, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 16Boost
I cannot remember the fault number I have but I know it's because on green screen I have aux turned on always because of the carplay box. Did you happen to do that?
Thanks 16Boost. I’ll check that one. I did read that enabling Vehicle In Motion (VIM) can trigger it.

Also if you added any of the additional Audi Drive Select Modes, Off Road, Economy or Race if might also trigger.
(I had added these modes then removed all of them)

Economy just disables cruise control.
Off Road - Requires some other module to do with tilt.
Race - Didn’t allow the elusive Lap Timer and also didn’t enable Launch Control.

Thank you
Old 03-22-2021, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2turbos4rings
You can get cheap ones on eBay these days and if you like fiddling you can find help online with removing component protection for free or close to free
Hi 2turbos4rings, do you happen to know what part no. for the module I might need?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2021, 08:56 AM
W12 Aficionado

Received 620 Likes on 416 Posts

Launch Control is a facet of STronic transmissions, which the D4 does not have so there’s no way to ‘enable’ LC. However you can brake boost to a low RPM as standard and you can increase the RPM the engine will hold with a tune.

As far as the part number probably the easiest way to find out would be to pull it out and take a look. You only need two radio keys and you’ll have your answer in like 10 seconds. There are many many revisions and I’m sure many of them are cross compatible- but it’s always best to get one that matches the part number exactly.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bladerunner
Thanks 16Boost. I’ll check that one. I did read that enabling Vehicle In Motion (VIM) can trigger it.

Also if you added any of the additional Audi Drive Select Modes, Off Road, Economy or Race if might also trigger.
(I had added these modes then removed all of them)

Economy just disables cruise control.
Off Road - Requires some other module to do with tilt.
Race - Didn’t allow the elusive Lap Timer and also didn’t enable Launch Control.

Thank you
I didn't know about adding Off Road nor Race modes but my 2014 UK spec 4.2 facelift already had Efficiency Mode enabled. Also the Lap Timer is active and the car also has Launch Control as standard.

I tried to activate the Lap Timer in my 2011 pre-facelift and although the option then became active in the DIS no data was ever displayed so I turned it back off.

In either car Efficiency mode doesn't disable Adaptive Cruise Control but does switch the AirCon into Eco mode and you can physically hear the fan speed reduce. It also appears to modify the shift program in an attempt to keep engine speeds lower and feels like it numbs the throttle response somewhat.

A quick Google search found this;

Audi drive select® efficiency mode

The Audi drive select efficiency mode enables the vehicle to operate highly efficiently and actively supports the driver in adopting a driving style that can reduce fuel consumption.
Engine, transmission and the optional quattro® with sport differential respond in such a balanced way that further potential for savings can be utilised. For example, a modified shift program for automatic transmissions, with a deliberate adjustment of the shift point to lower engine speed ranges, achieves impressive fuel savings. The electromechanical power steering, optional cruise control, dynamic steering and adaptive cruise control help to reduce driving resistance. The air conditioning system is also adapted to requirements in that it is set to eco mode. This efficient driving style in the Audi drive select efficiency mode can achieve more mileage per tank of fuel, reducing CO2 emissions at the same time.

And even before I fitted CarPlay if I enabled both the AMI BT and Aux inputs in the Green Menu it gave a VCDS error of 03389 - Data Set Implausible I think?

Pre-CarPlay I left it disabled although I have no choice now but to keep it on if I want to hear any audio through CarPlay whatsoever.

Annoyingly my iPod Touch which I have always used as a music source because it holds my 12,000 track library cannot be heard any more despite staying connected, showing up in the Media Source list and retaining full device control which was an unexpected consequence of installing CarPlay for me.

I see other CarPlay users have this issue so I’m gonna stick a post in the current CarPlay thread.

-=Glyn=-

Last edited by GlynH; 03-27-2021 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2021, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default New fault - 03157 (How to clear it)

I was working on my 5F 16347 Fault and generated another one, 03157.

To clear it I did the following.
1) Green Menu (Hold Car + Menu)
2) Check your car/cardevicelist
3) Make sure only features you have installed are checked on. In my case the ‘univ. garage door opener’ was on.
4) Go up and exit the the main root menu.
Don’t leave on any screen with options.
If you do when you reboot, it will often enable an option as the ‘Centre ****’ is pressed to reboot).
5) Reboot mmi. (Right button + Centre **** & Tone)
6) Green Menu and review changes.

Now rescan and the 5F 03157 should be gone.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem solved?

[QUOTE=Bladerunner;25566948]Hi everyone,

I’ve been investigating this fault for some time now.

I’d thought it was a software version mismatch on the navigation system, so tried changing it using an Adaption on Channel 15.

In my case changing from 22851 to 37009.

However it never changes and just reverts back to its old setting of 22851.

Anyone know how to do this?

Is the 5F 16347 even an SVM issue?
See article - https://www.audienthusiasts.com/Appl..._SVMError.html

Hi there buddy, did you managed to clear this code how some ?

Thanks
Raf