A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Park that A8 in a Safe Place

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park that A8 in a Safe Place

For all you guys in NYC, CT and the Northeast, take some precautions with your autos for the coming hurricane.

Take it very seriously. Having lived through 6 of these beasts, they are no joke. They will make your snowstorm last winter look like a walk in the park.

I would recommend filling up your gas tank, and then parking your auto in a concrete garage wherever one is available (pay the overnight parking fee, its worth it!). Also, try to park on the 2nd floor or above, or on a car-lift. You would be surprised at how quickly areas will flood, and you don't want your beautiful A8 sitting in 2+ feet of water.

Also, a word of caution, remove any electronics and important papers from around windows at your business/home. Window glazing simply cannot hold up to rain traveling horizontally at 90mph+.

Whatever you do, do not leave your car outside, in covered parking or even in an home garage if there are trees in the immediate vicinity.

Good luck, stay safe.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGrasshopper
For all you guys in NYC, CT and the Northeast, take some precautions with your autos for the coming hurricane.

Take it very seriously. Having lived through 6 of these beasts, they are no joke. They will make your snowstorm last winter look like a walk in the park.

I would recommend filling up your gas tank, and then parking your auto in a concrete garage wherever one is available (pay the overnight parking fee, its worth it!). Also, try to park on the 2nd floor or above, or on a car-lift. You would be surprised at how quickly areas will flood, and you don't want your beautiful A8 sitting in 2+ feet of water.

Also, a word of caution, remove any electronics and important papers from around windows at your business/home. Window glazing simply cannot hold up to rain traveling horizontally at 90mph+.

Whatever you do, do not leave your car outside, in covered parking or even in an home garage if there are trees in the immediate vicinity.

Good luck, stay safe.
Thanks BigG!!! Good cautionary advice. Due to the weather conditions, my wife and I don't plan on venturing out to the L.I. weekend house, so our A8 will be safely elevated on a hydraulic lift in our NYC garage this weekend. Safe as long as there are no earthquakes! Now I hope the house on L.I. holds up to the storm :^/

Everyone in the hurricane's path---play it safe, and be safe!!!!!