A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Received Audi AEB Settlement claim form today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by florinb92
I got one too, I have not repaired my AEB but I kinda knew it was messed up because it would randomly hard break, also my PRE-Sense stopped working for like months, suddenly without nothing to damage any of the sensors.
Hopefully I can take advantage of this letter and go to the dealership and ask if they can do it without charge.
Hi there, did you take it to the dealer and if so, what were you told?
Old 05-20-2024, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've received the Parking Brake error message too. Is that part of the Class Action?
Old 05-20-2024, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i recieved this in the mail today regarding my rig, i wonder if a warranty extention would be applicable to a 205k mile totalled A8L, the only thing that doesnt work is the AEB system, one day audi braking guard and cruise control just "went away" according to the reader it was due to "function limitation due to recieved malfunction value" (C1113000) and "adaptive cruise control sensor, no signal" (C110B49)
The following users liked this post:
Newaudiguy23 (05-21-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got one for my 2020 A4 as well. Some malfunctions I did experience:

1. Audi Presence Malfunction / unavailable pop-up on the virtual cockpit

2. Car slammed the brake while backing up without any obstacles.

3. Fully stopped for couples of seconds while waiting for traffic lights, pre-collision / pre-sense suddenly activated and the safety belt fastened as well, scared the s**t out of me and my wife.

4. Raising sensing function is not smart enough, sometimes needs to turn on or off the wiper to have it adapt to the rain volume.

5. High beam assist does not turn off the high beam while there is clearly a car in front of me in the opposite directly straightly, I need to manually turn it off.

With those said, I've never taken it to the dealer to have it checked, car is still under warranty for about 3 months. Now with this settlement going on, not sure if I could have it fixed with no out-of-pocket.

The question is: it looks like the settlement is saying if you ever paid for the repair of AEB system prior to May 14 2024, then you can get reimbursement based on your cars NVLW expired or not. But I might be wrong since there are so many logic and words there, being a non native speaker....

I'll ask AoA online support to figure out my doubts tomorrow and then the dealer.
The following users liked this post:
mikesvwservice (05-20-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Cool AEB Issues

Originally Posted by willyjp
I have an S5 and I realize this is the A/S8 forum, but you guys seem to be the only ones discussing this issue right now and it applies to pretty much ALL late model Audis. So other than slamming on the brakes a couple of times for cross traffic when I was just creeping up to a stop line with no intention of going ahead, I'm not aware of any problem with the automatic braking. But my car, being 6 mo out of regular warranty, would theoretically still be eligible for this IF I had a problem.

So, my question to those of you who DO have a problem, is: What do you notice? Since I'm a guy who'd just as soon have NO automatic driving features, I can't say I've noticed anything. But how does one know if one has this "problem," whatever it is.
I purchased my car August 2022 used from CarMax and purchased the Extended Warranty from them.
My AEB system worked for 1 day after purchasing the vehicle. An Audi Braking Guard message pops up and dings every few minutes. It is very annoying.
In October 2022 I took my car to Audi. They ran diagnostics and said the error was intermittent. They cleared the code and charged me $190.
The next day, the error was back and the AEB stopped working again.
I plan to take it to Audi and have them align everything but if it comes back I am going to be extremely mad.
Old 05-21-2024, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So I went to a dealership and SURPRISE, they have no idea what the letter was, had to call the manager, let him look into it, minutes later they said, oh we can't do it.
The thing he said is that I will have to pay out of my pocket and then they will give me invoice with the repairs and everything and then submit that form to the address listed in the letter. I will go see another dealership and see what they say.
The following 2 users liked this post by florinb92:
ddx77 (05-21-2024), mikesvwservice (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default got mine

Got mine today as well.

Yes, this system has been nothing but useless. My daughter used the car the other day and it braked for no reason, she said it freaked her out. I guess I am going to Audi to have it checked out.
Old 05-21-2024, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

How do I know if my vehicle is part of the settlement. 2021 A5 with pre-sense. Have not had any major issues except the hard brake here and there when backing into the garage. I guess at the next service we can have Audi check it and repair as necessary. Thanks in advance
Old 05-21-2024, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by japerez7
How do I know if my vehicle is part of the settlement. 2021 A5 with pre-sense. Have not had any major issues except the hard brake here and there when backing into the garage. I guess at the next service we can have Audi check it and repair as necessary. Thanks in advance
Follow the link I provided and on the main website is the VIN portal - go to that and type your VIN number in.
Old 05-21-2024, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Audi brake system letter

Originally Posted by Matthew Wakeland
i recieved this in the mail today regarding my rig, i wonder if a warranty extention would be applicable to a 205k mile totalled A8L, the only thing that doesnt work is the AEB system, one day audi braking guard and cruise control just "went away" according to the reader it was due to "function limitation due to recieved malfunction value" (C1113000) and "adaptive cruise control sensor, no signal" (C110B49)
So I have a 2013 A8L 166k miles and got the ecm software recall today and showed them the letter I got yesterday my AEB has been off for almost a year same above and when slow stopping sometimes I brakes hard like pluses but can't use lane assist cruise control or emergency breaking. They set an appointment for next week I was just about to send my middle off for repair for 300.

Quick Reply: Received Audi AEB Settlement claim form today...