A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Received Audi AEB Settlement claim form today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totaled my Audi A(

Originally Posted by mikesvwservice
Today, I received an Audi AEB Settlement "reimbursement claim form".

AEB is "Automatic Emergency Braking" system.

I've not had any problems with my braking, but I don't drive my Audi very much either...

There is a website to see if your VIN is within the class action settlement (mine was):

AEBSettlement.com

Hope this helps out!

I wonder if this applies to me… I had a 2018 A5, driving about 40 mph, a car turned right before I crossed the crosswalk, the automatic break system never fired up to stop me from hitting to other car, or at least not hitting it as hard. Would this count as an example of the system failing? Or just me failing at driving?

Old 05-21-2024, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BenjE
Hi there, did you take it to the dealer and if so, what were you told?
Same here..I'm in the same boat and I bought my 2017 Q7 at about 80k miles. Ever since I got the car 2 years ago it would have the Audi pre sense malfunction and after some time it was permanent. Dealership said it needs sensor recalibration but I never bothered cause it wasn't too problematic just some random hard brakes. Curious to know the outcome
Old 05-21-2024, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just read it a couple of times and I think the settlement basically reimburses any money spent prior to May 15, 2024 which means no new repairs. However, folks with expired warranty within 12 months get an additional 6 month warranty on behalf of VW
Old 05-22-2024, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

thanks
Old 05-22-2024, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts

[QUOTE=mikesvwservice;25908449]Today, I received an Audi AEB Settlement "reimbursement claim form".
AEB is "Automatic Emergency Braking" system.I've not had any problems with my braking, but I don't drive my Audi very much either...
There is a website to see if your VIN is within the class action settlement (mine was):
AEBSettlement.com Hope this helps out![/QUOTE]

My vehicle also was verfied: "Your VIN has been identified as a Settlement Class Vehicle."

My A4 has had some weird braking actions, ie: a warning message coming on in the virtual cockpit and the car stopping and seatbelts tightening when I was 30 feet behind the car in front of me. This used to happen in my early ownership years, but not lately. I never had any repairs done, and had no out-of-pocket expense.

Now what?
The following users liked this post:
dereitz (05-22-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 502 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by willyjp
I have an S5 and I realize this is the A/S8 forum, but you guys seem to be the only ones discussing this issue right now and it applies to pretty much ALL late model Audis. So other than slamming on the brakes a couple of times for cross traffic when I was just creeping up to a stop line with no intention of going ahead, I'm not aware of any problem with the automatic braking. But my car, being 6 mo out of regular warranty, would theoretically still be eligible for this IF I had a problem.

So, my question to those of you who DO have a problem, is: What do you notice? Since I'm a guy who'd just as soon have NO automatic driving features, I can't say I've noticed anything. But how does one know if one has this "problem," whatever it is.
I have a 2019 RS5 and about 3 weeks ago I started to get a tone and message with a big yellow (!) on my dash. This happens every time I start the car. It says the system has malfunctioned. The parking button on my dash also blinks red. I have to press the park button to turn the blinking off, then manually turn it back on to get the front view when parking.

I got the same AEB notice and my VIN is included.

Last edited by Dan99; 05-23-2024 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-23-2024, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

[QUOTE=A4Driver;25909338]
Originally Posted by mikesvwservice
Today, I received an Audi AEB Settlement "reimbursement claim form".
AEB is "Automatic Emergency Braking" system.I've not had any problems with my braking, but I don't drive my Audi very much either...
AEBSettlement.com Hope this helps out![/QUOTE]

My vehicle also was verfied: "Your VIN has been identified as a Settlement Class Vehicle."

My A4 has had some weird braking actions, ie: a warning message coming on in the virtual cockpit and the car stopping and seatbelts tightening when I was 30 feet behind the car in front of me. This used to happen in my early ownership years, but not lately. I never had any repairs done, and had no out-of-pocket expense.

Now what?
Same. The pre-sense is random and will slam the brakes on me when the on-coming car is like miles away from me or the seatbelt will choke me back randomly when a car drives pass me too close. It's kind of scary when this happens in the middle of an intersection, but it's more annoying and embarrassing than anything. What I wish this letter was about was the faulty water pump that I had to spend 2k to replace and fix. For some dumb reason, my 2018 S5 was not included in that class action settlement which I'll forever be pissed off over.
Old 05-25-2024, 11:02 AM
S5 SportBack Mythos/Magma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just opened mine, I thought the letter was regarding a bankruptcy settlement for an investment I made... i.e. "you get nothing", so I didn't open it until just a second ago. My pre-sense has periodically been acting up for a while, going off in random stop and go traffic. I'd been considering taking the car into the dealer to get it recalibrated along with the sensors which are way too sensitive, but I'd seen some quote estimates on how much a calibration ran and figured it wasn't that big of a deal.

According to the letter, they will reimburse you up to 75%, for repairs related to AEB. If your warranty has expired you have 6 months after the notice to get your AEB repaired in order to get that 75% and if you warranty is current and you already paid for the repairs, they will reimburse you. It's odd they have a reimbursement form and final approval of the case won't be ratified until June 17th. It's odd that Audi isn't directly reimbursing the dealer/service shop, but making the consumer front the bill and get reimbursed.
Old 05-25-2024, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, what do they do to diagnose it? And what do they do to “fix” it? Is it a firmware update? Camera/sensor replacement? Recalibration? What are the updated part numbers, if any?

Like many others, I have had occasional false positives. Maybe a coincidence, but it seems to dislike approaching Teslas from behind. I have also had the “pre-sense disabled” message a couple times, temporarily, which I am guessing means t detected an internal fault.
Old 05-26-2024, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 502 Likes on 319 Posts

This is how the problem appears on my car:

The following users liked this post:
mikesvwservice (05-26-2024)

Quick Reply: Received Audi AEB Settlement claim form today...