A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Received Audi AEB Settlement claim form today...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Got my notice about the settlement too.

I bought a 2019 Q7 from the dealer in 2020 w only 5K on it. I didn't know the ebrake problem it's always had was a "thing", until I got the settlement notice a couple weeks ago. It has always had an issue when backing out of parking spots where the ebrake will slam on when nothing is there. It always happens so fast and hard I and my passengers think I've backed into something. It freaks people out! Or when coming into a slow roll toward a traffic light, or getting ready to go on the green light, or pull forward after stopping to exit a parking lot, or a toll booth, the dang ebrake will be on. It just turns it's self on way too much to be normal. I normally like faster, sporty cars, but I've learned to drive the Q7 like a turtle driver, always on alert for the sudden ebrake surprise jolt.
The issue is, I've never taken it in to repair because I didn't know it was a "thing" that could be repaired.
Here's the kicker, when I purchased the car at the dealer, at the last minute, their finance manager upsold me an extended warranty package for almost 2k that guess what, only covered the brakes, in case I needed to have them replaced before the car warranty was up at 48K. So I've paid an extra 2 grand for a useless extra warranty that is now expired, and I am beyond the mileage. I think the dealer must have known there were potential problems with these cars involving their brakes and sold me on the extra warranty I shouldn't have needed, to help cover any costs they may incur if I brought the car back in for it's braking problems.
Old 06-11-2024, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 502 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by TGirl
...So I've paid an extra 2 grand for a useless extra warranty that is now expired, and I am beyond the mileage.
If you need a repair under this settlement, and your warranty is expired, the settlement still covers 75% of the repair for 6 months from the date of the notice. At least that's what my notice says.
Old 06-14-2024, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello everyone,
so my car is also part of the Audi AEB Settlement - 2015 A7 Prestige - during the last 6 months the ACC has been acting up and occasionally - it is very random - suddenly when you are driving the ACC (automatic cruise control) kicks itself out and in other occasions, the car slams the brakes when there is no reason for it to do so.
so to me, this is a glitch on either one of the sensors or the camera - telling the system that something is going on and to apply the brakes as there may be an impending collision with something that could be just a ghost.
I took the vehicle to my local Audi dealer - and explained the situation & also the fact that the Audi AEB Settlement is in place now and should cover 75% of the repairs related to the settlement terms, Audi will pay 75% of the diag, repair, config, laser test, etc.
Dealership of course stated they were unaware - typical - since I am pretty sure Corporate Audi is supposed to inform the dealers of this.
they had the car for over a week and after several diagnostics, they said all was working as expected - the only thing they suggested was to re-calibrate the sensors at my expense - to what I responded - the sensors work 98% of the time - this is a software issue that needs to be addressed - but for I was told - Audi corporate has not issued a TSB that service departments can follow to address all the issues covered/ related to the Audi AEB Settlement.
I will continue to fight this as much as I can - but I only have 5 months left now - since the warranty extension in my case started May 15, 2024, and time is ticking on behalf of Audi - so once you are out of that window you are on your own.

The following users liked this post:
mikesvwservice (06-14-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 502 Likes on 319 Posts

According to my dealer, the AEB settlement only pays for repairs to the existing components, not to fix the behavior of the existing system. So, I suppose that means they would only pay for repairs if you get some error codes. They also said something like, if you got into an accident due to AEB they would pay for 75% of the replacement/repair costs.

Has anyone else taken theirs to a dealer? Did you hear the same thing? Did they repair anything?

Also, it turns out that the error message on my dash (post #30) is a different problem. It was a bad sensor on the right front wheel well, and not part of AEB.

Last edited by Dan99; 06-22-2024 at 04:11 AM.