A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat options

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Seat options

What would people recommend going for regarding seat options. I like the look of the quilted seats in the sports version but how do people find these who live with them? Are they more/less/the same in terms of comfort as the other seats available.

Thanks
Old 12-07-2017, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had one A8 with Comfort Seats and then moved to another A8 with quilted Sport Seats and at the beginning couldn't get used to them and set up seats they way I like it. After 3 months still trying to change some settings when with Comfort Seats I set it up once and was happy with it for 2 years, never played with controls again.

I think it's personal preference, you probably have to go and try them. It can depend on your build and height.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by UnseenS8
I had one A8 with Comfort Seats and then moved to another A8 with quilted Sport Seats and at the beginning couldn't get used to them and set up seats they way I like it. After 3 months still trying to change some settings when with Comfort Seats I set it up once and was happy with it for 2 years, never played with controls again.

I think it's personal preference, you probably have to go and try them. It can depend on your build and height.

Are the comfort seats the ones that are split into 2 sections down the middle part of the seat? Do you know what the difference is between these and the standard seats that make them "comfort"?

Thanks
Old 12-07-2017, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The diamond quilted seat is the exact same as the comfort seat only with diamond stitching. I don’t feel the stitching at all but I do believe they look much sharper. Other than the stitching there is no difference. There is a standard seat that is slightly less adjustable and does not have the seat massage. I don’t see many of the standard seats on A8s, and the seat really does look identical to the comfort seat. You can tell it’s the standard seat as it’s missing the massage button on the side.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree that the additional stitching is lovely. I don't have it and I would of liked to get it but it was not a deal breaker for me. The massage is well worth having.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do like the diamond stitching, think it looks really good so that's good to know that it's just the look of the seat that differs and the comfort is the same.

It sounds like the massage option might be standard on some of the seat options in the States. Here in the UK I don't think this is the case, it's an optional extra you pay for.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davey_b
I do like the diamond stitching, think it looks really good so that's good to know that it's just the look of the seat that differs and the comfort is the same.

It sounds like the massage option might be standard on some of the seat options in the States. Here in the UK I don't think this is the case, it's an optional extra you pay for.
Massage or ventilation are options in UK. I still think there's a difference in comfort between Comfort and Sport seats, however can't see anything about it in brochure. The only info I can see there is: "Comfort Sport seats benefit from
an additional storage compartment on the rear of the seat." but I have Sport Seats and have pocket at the back of the seat, the same as in previous car.

Last edited by UnseenS8; 12-08-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default no difference

Originally Posted by UnseenS8
Massage or ventilation are options in UK. I still think there's a difference in comfort between Comfort and Sport seats, however can't see anything about it in brochure. The only info I can see there is: "Comfort Sport seats benefit from
an additional storage compartment on the rear of the seat." but I have Sport Seats and have pocket at the back of the seat, the same as in previous car.
The quilting is an appearance option that is part of a package. You get the premium leather upgrade with diamond quilting, dual pane Acoustic glass, and an Alcantara headliner.

Last edited by awdinut; 12-08-2017 at 05:04 PM.