A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeeking tints/windows...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Squeeking tints/windows...?

Hey I'm new to this forum but ive been lurking arouns for a while now. I just got my first A8L 4.0T last week and put tints on it. I rolled them down recently and the windows wont stop squeeking now that the tints are on it. Anyone have any idea or suggestions as to what it is or a fix for it? I checked the rubber around the window seals to see if theyre dirty but theyre not and i even cleaned them, to no success. Id appreciate any input on this.

Also, off topic but anyone recommend extended warranty on this car? Its still under warranty for another 2k miles and ill be taking it in for anything i can while the warranty is there now (including the 1k and 3k rpm vibration, which i dont feel much). Thanks in advance! Absolutely love the car so far.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 613 Likes on 511 Posts

Either back to tint shop or maybe try wiping window seal area with some silicone spray applied to a lint free rag.

If still under warranty but about to clock out, literally worth going over AND under every part of the car, front to back. Every switch, every function, every seat, every bulb. Like literally an hour or two just for that, which you can easily DIY. Then every underneath pan off and look at car front to back underneath, especially for any leaks of any of the fluid types, any suspension bushings, etc. Underhood of course for full visual and poke around for upper leaks, valve covers, etc. If you aren't familiar with the mechanicals or don't have the lift/jack tools, literally worth paying a mechanic for the equivalent of a pre-purchase inspection for that part. Heck tell 'em its yours and you want the full proctology exam for a warranty good bye party. Every Audi I have done it on has gone in for that final hurrah punch list. Shop guy told me on the D3 W12 they had like 20 hours in on my last list, plus many, many dollars of parts. If you catch things you will find by breakdowns only a year or two later, you save all of time, money and heartaches and maybe (not) getting stuck/towed.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 06-06-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nermb
Hey I'm new to this forum but ive been lurking arouns for a while now. I just got my first A8L 4.0T last week and put tints on it. I rolled them down recently and the windows wont stop squeeking now that the tints are on it. Anyone have any idea or suggestions as to what it is or a fix for it? I checked the rubber around the window seals to see if theyre dirty but theyre not and i even cleaned them, to no success. Id appreciate any input on this.

Also, off topic but anyone recommend extended warranty on this car? Its still under warranty for another 2k miles and ill be taking it in for anything i can while the warranty is there now (including the 1k and 3k rpm vibration, which i dont feel much). Thanks in advance! Absolutely love the car so far.
Hello,
I got the same problem, i took it to the audi dealer, and they replaced the tint of my windows, but it didnt work, the noise was there, they replaced the rubber of the windows and that was the solution, they told me, that this also happens with MBZ and BMW. The rubber in this cars is like heavy duty kind. I hope this helps.