A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WIFI playing tricks on me

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
Default WIFI playing tricks on me

Audi Connect Wi-Fi Setup
  • Select the telephone function, then the Settings Control button
  • Use the scroll wheel to highlight Network Connection Wi-Fi and select
  • In Wi-Fi Settings, ensure that the Wi-Fi Hotspot is set to Visible
  • Apply Settings
  • Use your tablet, laptop, or phone to connect to the Wi-Fi Hotspot and enjoy!
I followed the above instructions but still I couldn’t connect wifi it said connected but no internet.

I purchased the car in Jan 2021. Today I installed my tablet so I can get Waze navigation. Tablet was connected to home wifi in the garage then I set a destination and off I went, I was able to carry wifi for 30 miles away from home which tells me I have some sort of wifi connections in the car.

At first, I thought maybe my phone is keeping the waze going on my tablet. I turned off the phone and still had a connection.

Got some fuel turned off the car for 15 minutes, started back up and I still had a waze connected to the tablet which is a Samsung Tab A.

My car showed 2G wifi in the lower right side but wasn’t lite up.

I took a few screen shots of my screen. Car has the original sim card from the dealer in the slot.

Any advice would be appreciated.

5 miles from the house

2g wifi

Old 09-10-2021, 02:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks like you did everything right, it’s possible that service is bad in the area, or that the service expired on that SIM. Try to turn roaming on.

Did you choose your destination while still connected to your home WIFI? Waze will continue working even when you lose network access. It downloads the maps on your device (up to a certain radius) and will continue giving you directions. It is possible that you never left that radius.

my recommendation, try another SIM card. You can try the one in your phone (with the right size converter). I know ATT works, not sure about other service providers.

Last edited by Golan Remi; 09-11-2021 at 04:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 160 Likes on 132 Posts

Would be cool to get this working. Good luck, let us know.
The following users liked this post:
09S5 (09-11-2021)
Old 09-11-2021, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Golan Remi
Looks like you did everything right, it’s possible that service is bad in the area, or that the service expired on that SIM. Try to turn roaming on.

Did you choose your destination while still connected to your home WIFI? Waze will continue working even when you lose network access. It downloads the maps on your device (up to a certain radius) and will continue giving you directions. It is possible that you never left that radius.

my recommendation, try another SIM card. You can try the one in your phone (with the right size converter). I know ATT works, not sure about other service providers.
Yes I chose my destination while connected to home WIFI.

I plan on going to ATT on Monday .