A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 2023 individual rear seat infotainment on rear screens

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2023, 12:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool A8 2023 individual rear seat infotainment on rear screens

Hi u all,
I have a 2023 A8L with rear individual seats and full infotainment with rear screen.
I have a question... I cannot see the TV media on rear screen... I mean, if the car is parked I can see TV programs on front screen but not on rear screens.
When the car starts moving the front screen is immediately disabled (it's ok I know), but there is no way to look at the Tv on rear screens.
On the back screens the onlu option is Netflix or HDMI external input?

Why I cannot control the MMI features from rear screens?
If I want to change the navigation destination, I have to ask to the driver to do it? There is a way to have the control of MMI from rear screens?
Ther eis a way to have the full MMI in carbon copy on the rear screens?

Otherwise they are basically useless.... and using the arm small display to manage all things is little annoying.

In the attached video I show you that the front TV works but not on rear screens that remain always black or with Audi logo on it.
There is a way to see Tv in the back and to connect them to front MMI getting full control without using the arm commander?

Thanks for the help and apologise for my english.

Sandro
Old 12-06-2023, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't solve your problem, but I'm wondering how your 2023 A8 has rear screens! My 2023 no longer had rear screens available as an option. I wanted them and was told they were discontinued for 2023.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi you all,
after some meetings with AUDI Expert they decide that new version of rear screens are more efficient on external sharing from phones or wifi devices but cannot manage MMi from the back and cannot see the DVD from glove box.
THIS IS RUBBISH.
I suppose that this is fake because has always been possible to see and control MMI from rear screen and it seems to me very strange that this last version upgraded cannot do that.

Please, if someone can help me with this garbage it wil be extremely appreciated.
Sandro
Old 01-24-2024, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That is very surprising. I've got the pre-FL version, and you can see the maps, set the routes, watch TV or DVD and a few other stuff including running Android applications (though Android version is very old). And what does your manual say?
Old 01-25-2024, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kotsinus
That is very surprising. I've got the pre-FL version, and you can see the maps, set the routes, watch TV or DVD and a few other stuff including running Android applications (though Android version is very old). And what does your manual say?
Hi!
The manual don't say anything that compares old version to new one but the new one il so basic that is useless.
You are right old 2021 version had all features the new 22 and 23 is garbage.
And noone in AUDI knows hoew it works.
I ask to dealer, to italian customer care and to germany customer care but no expert that can answer to this...

So, very disappointing...

Ciao!SAndro