A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BSG Settlement

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2024, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Default BSG Settlement

For those of you who have dealt with a BSG failure, there is a class action settlement that should be reimbursing you for some of your unreimbursed costs. See www.bsgsettlement.com. For those of you who have not suffered a failure, the settlement extends the warranty on the BSG for a period of up to 10 years from your cars in service date. Nice to see that those impacted by this failure will get some salve for having dealt with this headache.
Old 07-18-2024, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 252 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by A8bil
For those of you who have dealt with a BSG failure, there is a class action settlement that should be reimbursing you for some of your unreimbursed costs. See www.bsgsettlement.com. For those of you who have not suffered a failure, the settlement extends the warranty on the BSG for a period of up to 10 years from your cars in service date. Nice to see that those impacted by this failure will get some salve for having dealt with this headache.
I am not a fan of lawsuits but this is fair especially for those whose cars have been inoperable for a lengthy amount of time waiting for parts. Audi and VW group could have done a better job taking care of their customers in my opinion, and avoided this class action settlement. How much money could VW/Audi have saved if they took the customers first attitude? I wonder...
Old 07-18-2024, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by pcc125
I am not a fan of lawsuits but this is fair especially for those whose cars have been inoperable for a lengthy amount of time waiting for parts. Audi and VW group could have done a better job taking care of their customers in my opinion, and avoided this class action settlement. How much money could VW/Audi have saved if they took the customers first attitude? I wonder...
I suspect that VAG was just overwhelmed with the number of failures and the fact that the part was sourced from Continental. They had to figure out why the part was failing, devise a fix and then rely on Continental to implement changes and increase supply to not only continue to build new vehicles but repair a large number of those in service....all during a worldwide part shortage. Sometimes, sheet happens... not sure what they could have done outside of supplying lots of loaner cars to their dealers (if they had them). Would that have been cheaper? Who knows, but it certainly would have mitigated customer loss.
The following users liked this post:
angrypengu (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 252 Likes on 183 Posts

@A8bil all valid points. Supplying loaner cars would have been cheaper than a class action suit, provided that they had them like you said. Yes S--T happens.
The following users liked this post:
angrypengu (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pcc125
@A8bil all valid points. Supplying loaner cars would have been cheaper than a class action suit, provided that they had them like you said. Yes S--T happens.
Aren't decisions based on what the expected costs are? Say a recall costs $X. If they figure how much not doing the recall will run in terms of people getting killed and of that lot, what is the chance of a suit and of that lot that sues, how many will win and how much will it cost. They go with whichever is lessor from what I read a long time ago. Even if it was cheaper to give you a loner car, where would they get them from?