A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Screen Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug S
I pay $49.00 USD a month for the Audi Connect and another $10.00 a month for the AT&T cellular plan to have the Wi-Fi in the car...

Audi Connect still confuses me a bit. Without a cell plan, what does the $49 get you? How does Audi Connect without a cell plan?
Old 06-19-2024, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by enGage
Audi Connect still confuses me a bit. Without a cell plan, what does the $49 get you? How does Audi Connect without a cell plan?
Audi connect Prime is what I have, it gives you the satellite Google maps I absolutely love on my dash, but it also gives you traffic light info so when you are sitting at a traffic light it will tell you how long until it turns green which works mostly in big cities. Connect gives you better working Voice recognition with Hey Audi, just like Hey Siri, Alexa, or the Google one. POI search and traffic updates with your cars Nav system. Now having the Audi Connect really might have saved my life one day. I was driving to the airport at like 4 in the morning and my car reported that there was a car driving in the wrong direction, it was headed right for me. I pulled off the next exit and waited for it all the pass which was only like 5-10 minutes later. Could not believe it. But I have had about 4 or 5 times I have gotten that message from the car but only one time it really threated me as it was ahead of my on the same road...its pretty cool. Plus, the connect does all the music apps, news, weather. I think the newer Connect programs have some different levels as well, one called Audi Connect Nav and Audi Connect Plus. They just offer some different features for different price levels depending on how blow out you want your cars features to be. I think some come with having 4G LTE connection. I just already have AT&T for my cell phone provider so I can use them to link my account to my car for 10 bucks a month. For me I really like having all the features your MMI system has to offer.
The following users liked this post:
enGage (06-19-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Oh, and I'm not 100% sure but I think you need to have an active Audi Connect service to use the feature in the APP on your phone.
Old 06-19-2024, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 931 Likes on 648 Posts

Oh, and I'm not 100% sure but I think you need to have an active Audi Connect service to use the feature in the APP on your phone.
Correct
Old 06-19-2024, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

My new car is a CPO vehicle so I have the service until December. I'll strongly consider it after that as I drive 2200 miles across country in December and then again in May and the features you described are nice. However, I also subscribe to Sirius and they provide weather and traffic as well so those two are redundant.
Old 06-20-2024, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Hmmm...but Waze and Weather.com does it for free.
Old 06-30-2024, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dashboard display

I just bought a 2024 Q3, and I have the same issue in that the windows that I choose to have displayed most of the time go to the default rather than my preferred content when I shut down the car. I'm signed-on as the user. Incredibly frustrating to have to reset things the way I want them when I re-start the car. My previous car was a 2020 A3, and it ALWAYS saved my view settings. I can't believe that it's not possible to get the Q3 to do the same!
Old 06-30-2024, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KellnerBM
I just bought a 2024 Q3, and I have the same issue in that the windows that I choose to have displayed most of the time go to the default rather than my preferred content when I shut down the car. I'm signed-on as the user. Incredibly frustrating to have to reset things the way I want them when I re-start the car. My previous car was a 2020 A3, and it ALWAYS saved my view settings. I can't believe that it's not possible to get the Q3 to do the same!
Congrats on the new Q3! But I'm not sure why things have changed or have this issue. Maybe 2020 was a better year because my 2020 A6 never had this issue. I don't know if it's the key that's the issue or the MMA system. I know the actual key fob is supposed to store your settings, but something is just not working the way my 2020 did.
Old 07-01-2024, 02:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Himate,
you have to set a configuration paired with the remote control you use and your user profile.
This way when u unlock the car it will take all configurations at the same time including dash layout.
Old 07-01-2024, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, but I'm confused on what you're suggesting I do. I always use the same key fob, and the user profile was (I assume correctly) set up by the dealership when I picked up the car.

Quick Reply: Dash Screen Question