A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Screen Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sfelisio
Himate,
you have to set a configuration paired with the remote control you use and your user profile.
This way when u unlock the car it will take all configurations at the same time including dash layout.
I have that all set up. When I unlock my car, it pulls up my profile. I see my name on the screen so it has pulled up my profile. If my wife uses her keys, it does the same with her name on the screen. I start the car my seat, mirrors, last played station or whatever I had on my radio is up again, and my dash screen shows the date and time screen and not my Google maps where I want it to be. So, I have to hit the arrow key on my steering wheel to change it almost every time I get in the car.
Old 07-09-2024, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doug S
I have that all set up. When I unlock my car, it pulls up my profile. I see my name on the screen so it has pulled up my profile. If my wife uses her keys, it does the same with her name on the screen. I start the car my seat, mirrors, last played station or whatever I had on my radio is up again, and my dash screen shows the date and time screen and not my Google maps where I want it to be. So, I have to hit the arrow key on my steering wheel to change it almost every time I get in the car.
I'm in the same situation. My name comes up on the screen so I know it's my profile. And the seat adjusts to wherever I had it when the car was turned off. Still yet, the majority of the time that center screen comes on with the date and time, regardless that when I turn the car off it is either in map or radio mode. It's so damn frustrating.