A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S8 foot pedal upgrade???

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 725 Likes on 510 Posts

Looks good. Guess the trim tool set will get a workout 😉. Hopefully that under dash attachment point for the clip at the top of the dead pedal just needs to be inserted in and you don’t need to remove anything other than the side kick panel. You’re our “test case,” so keep us updated please.
The following users liked this post:
angrypengu (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Manchild

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Looks good. Guess the trim tool set will get a workout 😉. Hopefully that under dash attachment point for the clip at the top of the dead pedal just needs to be inserted in and you don’t need to remove anything other than the side kick panel. You’re our “test case,” so keep us updated please.
Ok so the top clip is the pain. By twisting and pushing I was able to get it hooked but by no means would this be the right was for sure. The under dash panel needs to come off along with the hood Handle and the trim at the sill. The air bag spooked me that is why I did the “sheer will” method.

angrypengu (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 932 Likes on 649 Posts

For future reference nothing to be worried about with the airbag.

After the ignition is off and after 5 minutes has passed you're good to go, as per the mechanic manual.

I've taken apart the underneath of the steering wheel a ton of times.

I'm not dead yet...

Old 12-01-2020, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Manchild

Originally Posted by angrypengu
For future reference nothing to be worried about with the airbag.

After the ignition is off and after 5 minutes has passed you're good to go, as per the mechanic manual.

I've taken apart the underneath of the steering wheel a ton of times.

I'm not dead yet...
Appreciate it and good to know. The whole time I’m was thinking great I’ll have a Brocken nose for Christmas.
angrypengu (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Moongoa
Ok so the top clip is the pain. By twisting and pushing I was able to get it hooked but by no means would this be the right was for sure. The under dash panel needs to come off along with the hood Handle and the trim at the sill. The air bag spooked me that is why I did the “sheer will” method.

Now THIS looks good--the way it should come from the factory IMO. My set should be here in a couple of weeks and I already received a set of interior trim tools. Guess I'll give the side kick panel and door sill a shot. I'm assuming the plastic retaining clip for the hood release lever on the side kick panel wasn't difficult to remove and re-install???
Old 12-01-2020, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 932 Likes on 649 Posts

I'm assuming the plastic retaining clip for the hood release lever on the side kick panel wasn't difficult to remove and re-install???
It's not easy (i've never done it especially after looking at how to do this), but here's the instructions!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Hood.pdf (324.1 KB, 66 views)
Old 12-01-2020, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by angrypengu
It's not easy (i've never done it especially after looking at how to do this), but here's the instructions!
Thanks angry. Should help me out, no doubt.
angrypengu (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Manchild

Now THIS looks good--the way it should come from the factory IMO. My set should be here in a couple of weeks and I already received a set of interior trim tools. Guess I'll give the side kick panel and door sill a shot. I'm assuming the plastic retaining clip for the hood release lever on the side kick panel wasn't difficult to remove and re-install???
Yes the clip that holds the hood release lever was a pretty no-brainer I put a screwdriver in there and popped up the clip and it was relatively easy to get back on. Although I must admit there is a lot of twisting inside the foot well with your body so take note
Old 12-01-2020, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Moongoa
...I must admit there is a lot of twisting inside the foot well with your body so take note
I’m pretty confident that by the time the pedal set arrives I should be well mended from the recent surgery. I’m already moving around almost like before, and I’ve been cleared by my surgeon to resume normal activity, so I’ll give it a go. Thanks for the warning—Duly noted.
angrypengu (12-01-2020)
Old 12-10-2020, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Looky what arrived! Guess it’ll be an interesting morning tomorrow when I attempt to remove and reinstall the side kick panel and door sill. 🥴

angrypengu (12-10-2020)

Quick Reply: S8 foot pedal upgrade???