A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Memory

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2024, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Seat Memory

I'm aware of the two memory buttons on the door, but when does the D5 assign the current seat position to a specific key? On my D3 it would assign any changes made at something like 8 mph. On my A6, if I wanted to assign a change, I believe I had to lock the car with the key fob. what is the D5 method? Oddly, all I could find discussed in the manual is the memory buttons.

On another note I learn another cool trick from the manual (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one clueless about this). I drive from MI to S. CA and back again each winter. Going thru the mountains I use "manumatic" mode (paddle shifters) when descending steep grades. Going into manumatic mode is easy, just hit one of the paddles, Going out I always had to move the shift level right (into manumatic mode) and left again to return to fully automatic. That always bugged me (I'm challenging some of you to an OCD contest ), but from RTFM I learned that holding the + paddle for a bit returns to automatic. I suspect Audi's have been that way all along and I failed to realize it, but I like it!!!
The following users liked this post:
S8RST (06-22-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It seems like the A8D5 assigns memory seats TO THE USER. It asks you at the beginning when it starts the car and moves to the user specified or last user. That caught me a few times since I expected it to set it to the key.
Old 06-23-2024, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aklim69
It seems like the A8D5 assigns memory seats TO THE USER. It asks you at the beginning when it starts the car and moves to the user specified or last user. That caught me a few times since I expected it to set it to the key.
I'm still hoping it remembers by key like my prior Audis. My wife won't drive the car enough to warrant setting her up as a user, but when she does drive it she'll expect the car to remember her seat/mirror positions
Old 06-23-2024, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 180 Likes on 122 Posts

Define user and settings upon using second fob car wil then auto login that user whenever that fob is used to start ignition

Old 06-24-2024, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KK22
Define user and settings upon using second fob car wil then auto login that user whenever that fob is used to start ignition
I'll try that, but I really don't see anything that ties the user to the key (but I guess you are saying set up the new using with second key in hand)

There still must be a point where the car assigns seat changes to the key. With a new car, I do all sorts of micro adjustments until I dial in the exact position I like.
Old 06-24-2024, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by enGage
I'll try that, but I really don't see anything that ties the user to the key (but I guess you are saying set up the new using with second key in hand)

There still must be a point where the car assigns seat changes to the key. With a new car, I do all sorts of micro adjustments until I dial in the exact position I like.
I think it saves it to the user. So if you adjust it to what you want and signed in as user 1, every time you get it, it sets to the last known position user 1 set it to.
The following users liked this post:
enGage (06-24-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default another seat memory question

When exiting the vehicle my setting moves the drivers seat partially back for easier ingress/egress. I would like to have the seat move farther back when exiting, is there a setting for that...or is the 'move-back' position setting , fixed?
thanks
Mike
Old 06-25-2024, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 241 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike
When exiting the vehicle my setting moves the drivers seat partially back for easier ingress/egress. I would like to have the seat move farther back when exiting, is there a setting for that...or is the 'move-back' position setting , fixed?
thanks
Mike
It is fixed when you have it in that exit mode. There may be a way to adjust it with an OBD 11 tool, but I have not messed with that and not sure about it.
Old 06-25-2024, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by enGage

1:35 in the video I posted. Login info with user information is saved on fob.
Old 06-25-2024, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Mike
thanks
Mike
I have not come across such a setting, just on or off to do that. You may be able to code it.

Quick Reply: Seat Memory