A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valcona vs Valetta

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

+1 re the full leather. You see that dashboard and the rest of the upgraded leather 100% of the time you are in the car, and at least to me, it seems to have become the dominant feature of my car. Love it! Mike
Old 11-18-2018, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Turns out the comfort headrests are gone in the D5. I sat in one and I could not find this feature...sadly.

To close the loop on this, the Valetta leather is surprisingly nice, but the lack of full leather on the dashboard, center armrest, and the doors is what did it for me. Thus, I bought the luxury package which has the sport seats and the full extended leather throughout. The Valetta leather on the comfort seats is surprisingly alright, and it's hard to tell that it's not top o' the line leather, but whatever they use on the dash/center armrest/doors is hideous, and "hard".

This is the valetta 22-way comfort seats on the premium package that didnt come with the valcona leather. its durable i must say.
Does the dealer have the First Edition Package you can get with the Executive Package.

Last edited by bravo659; 11-18-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 931 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by bravo659

This is the valetta 22-way comfort seats on the premium package that didnt come with the valcona leather. its durable i must say.
Yup, and this is the one on the D5.

The leather on the seats made me pause a little and think twice about paying more for the luxury package/sport seats because it looked pretty darn good, and felt pretty good, but as I mentioned before, it was "everything else" that made me spring for the luxury package.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Yup, and this is the one on the D5.

The leather on the seats made me pause a little and think twice about paying more for the luxury package/sport seats because it looked pretty darn good, and felt pretty good, but as I mentioned before, it was "everything else" that made me spring for the luxury package.

I think i would had done the same and minimize on the cost of ownership of the D5.
The only order i would had made if i decided to go with the D5 was the Premium package and the Executive package
keep the stock wheels on 19".
Old 03-06-2019, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the executive comfort seats give you Valetta and includes massage?

I read that the Valcona gives maybe an extra layer of comfort to the seats. I'm pretty picky and would want the more comfort option.. coming from a Lexus with very plush seats (semi aniline, I don't know what leather they use though or is that the term?)
Old 03-07-2019, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 931 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by markpow
So the executive comfort seats give you Valetta and includes massage?

I read that the Valcona gives maybe an extra layer of comfort to the seats. I'm pretty picky and would want the more comfort option.. coming from a Lexus with very plush seats (semi aniline, I don't know what leather they use though or is that the term?)
Having sat in both, the Valcona is softer. Here in Canada, the executive package gives you Valcona leather, in a nice textured weave that adds a bit of cushion.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Audi's Valcona leather is really great with the diamond stitching pattern. I love it in my D4.
Old 06-16-2024, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the Valcona seats, but I test drove several that didn't. Without the Valcona, I thought the seats were worse than the standard seats on my 2006 A8 it. The Valcona are an improvement

Last edited by enGage; 06-17-2024 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 180 Likes on 122 Posts

This is an old thread but the seats/leather/interior is the reason that cinched the deal for me. The bigger engine was a bonus. They look practically brand new even today. My center tunnel heated armrest was replaced under warranty because it was sticking on articulation, and the older leather on the seats matches perfectly with it from a wear and color perspective.

They're also more comfortable and supple than the Nappa Leather BMW G12 comfort seat. I feel the hide is thicker yet softer than the Ivory Nappa I had in my 7, which looked quite beautiful too.

D5 Valcona Nutmeg Interior
The following users liked this post:
angrypengu (06-17-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

In my opinion, the Valetta leather feels firm and almost fake when compared to Valcona. Nearly all D4 3.0's were equipped with Valetta. I've often characterized the interior of my car as only a slight upgrade from an A6 in terms of the leather quality. The seats themselves are comfortable, and they look nice enough, but without the luxury package that gives you extended leather on the dash, door cards, and valcona, it's just not that special, again, IMHO and speaking from the standpoint of the D4 with valetta.

Quick Reply: Valcona vs Valetta