**YIKES!!!** Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **YIKES!!!** Exhaust question

Okay, being the brillant boy that I am, I got an OBX Euro muffler for my Audi. Yes, not a Cat-Back like I should've, just the muffler. So, one day when I was cleaning my rims (Borbets), I was using Eagle One Cleaner and decided to clean my muffler too. So I sprayed some up in the muffler and hosed it out.

Worked great and the muffler actually sounded better so I figured I would go a step further. (dumb I know)

My driveway is on a hill so I backed up and then sprayed some in the muffler and flooded the exhaust with water hoping to clean the pipping and the CAT. Well, it made the car louder (which was a momentary joy) but now I think I have a problem. My car seems to be spitting out some black stuff (possibly oil???) out of the muffler and it's getting on the back of my car.

So, my question is, should I pay the $300 for a universal CAT-BACK at like Minekee (SP?) and hope that the CAT is fine and start with new pipping, or did I seriously screw up the CAT when I did that?

I'm concerned also that my car isn't going to pass DEQ. I'm due in April of next year, so I do have some time, but some advice on this would help.

Thanks guys.
-Audiboy-
Old 07-08-2002, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Careful what you wish for....

...you just may get it :-)

From the sound of it, I think you loosened up the carbon in the exhaust and now it's all coming out of the exhaust. Eventually it should stop coming out and start collection on the exhaust pipes again.

Your lucky this is your only problem...it could have been much worse.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *bows and thanks you*

*phew*, I'm glad that's the only thing. I was kinda wondering if it was just the built up gunk coming out. So if it doesn't stop coming out, then I should be concerned, right?

I'll give it a month, but if it continues, *duh duh duhhhhhh* I may be screwed.