95 audi a6 quattro power window

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 audi a6 quattro power window

Hey guys. My name is Justin and I need some advice. My driver window broke on its way up a few days ago. The motor still kicks because i hear it. It sounds like it wants to move the glass yet I can slide the window up and down by hand not being able to reach the top. All I really want is it closed for the winter just until i fix it. What regulator pieces might be broken? Do i need a whole new regulator or can you get parts. And if someone could send directions to disassemble the driver power door panel so i could take a look that would be great. I know the two outside screws near the top and the two grab handle screws need to be taken out, what else and how do i take the panel off after that? Thank you.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jdublo7
Hey guys. My name is Justin and I need some advice. My driver window broke on its way up a few days ago. The motor still kicks because i hear it. It sounds like it wants to move the glass yet I can slide the window up and down by hand not being able to reach the top. All I really want is it closed for the winter just until i fix it. What regulator pieces might be broken? Do i need a whole new regulator or can you get parts. And if someone could send directions to disassemble the driver power door panel so i could take a look that would be great. I know the two outside screws near the top and the two grab handle screws need to be taken out, what else and how do i take the panel off after that? Thank you.
The regulator needs to be replaced. I don't believe you can buy parts. There is a cable attached to the interior door handle that has to be removed. I can't remember off the top of my head where the fasteners are for the door panel. After they are removed the whole panel has to be lifted straight up and pull toward you. There are tabs on the bottom of the panel that engage slots in the door. I think I may have a procedure at home. I'll look tonight.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ok thank you. I have a short temper so door panels with clips aren't my favorite thing to do, I always seem to break them lol. First car I actually care for and don't want to mess it up for good. Make it as easy as possible for me lol.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Set a timer and only work on it for five minutes at a time. It'll force yourself to be more patient.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Could be a broken tab (between regulator and window) or one of the two guides. I have regulators and motors for all windows from a 96 A6. The guide is glued to the window.