after market pre-amps to bose speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after market pre-amps to bose speakers

anyone know how to connect the RCA pre amp outs from after market HU to the bose wirings. does the bose amps have RCA plugs, or do i have to spice RCA wires to the speaker wires from the harness of the factory HU? if so, how? does radio shack have some kind of RCA to speaker wire converters?

thanks
Old 05-18-2005, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default The proper way to do it...

is with one of these.<ul><li><a href="http://www.linkmeup.com/pd4.htm">Powerdriver</a></li></ul>
Old 05-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Help!! Still doesnt work

I've been trying to install the new HU for the past 3 days and i still cant get it to work. i am able to connect the power, ground, and ignition switch wires from the GAMMA stereo harness to the new HU harness, but i cant get the pre-outs from the new HU to work with the factory wirings. i found an instruction guide in the audio forum, giving instructions on how to replace GAMMA HUs. i followed the steps and still it doesnt work. the guide said to cut 2 RCA cables into 4 individual plugs for each pre amp outputs, and stripped the other end and connect them to the GAMMA harness. one for each speaker and a common ground, totaled 5 connections. i've made all the connections from the new HU pre-amp outs to the corresponding speaker wires and combined the shield of each RCA cable and connect them to the common ground of the GAMMA harness... i check and double check the connections but still no results. i dont hear any noice coming from the speakers, not even static noise. can anyone please shed some light onto my mystery? this is really getting fruastrating and discouraging. please help...
Old 05-21-2005, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default where are you located? if you're in socal i'd take a look at it for you

first of all, is the head unit turning on?

if you're head unit is turning on but you're getting no sound, its definately your signal out from the head unit. are you using an aftermarket amp? if you arent, i dont know why you're messing with RCAs at all. just connect the speaker line level direct to the speakers?

if you are using an aftermarket amp, then try the above anyway. if you get sound then you know its not the HU problem and is either a problem with the signal path to the amp or the amp itself. if you're using an aftermarket amp, then you not only have to get rca signal, but you need to get a direct signal from your front speakers to the amp as well as RCAs.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: where are you located? if you're in socal i'd take a look at it for you

i definitely have power to the HU, and i am using pre amp out because i ahve bose amps for each speaker. i try checking the pre amp outputs for electrical current, and it seems to be none (or it could be i am doing it wrong) i am pretty sure that the oem amps and speakers works, since they were working before i did all of this. i think the problem lies somewhere between the pre amp out signals and connection...

and thanks for your offer, but unfortunately i am located in NYC..

*sign
Old 05-25-2005, 11:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

have you gotten this working