Cold air blowing on Drivers feet. Anyone have this happen? Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold air blowing on Drivers feet. Anyone have this happen? Fix?

1996 A6 Avant FWD

Cold air is blowing in the drivers side foot well. The passenger side is fine. I can't figure out where it is coming from exactly since I can only feel it when going 40+MPH. Does anyone know the details of the vent system? It there a flap someplace that may be stuck, or an actuator busted. I use the Auto setting on the heater all the time. I played with the other settings like the up arrow and down arrow but have not notices much difference.

Thanks,
Dennis
Old 03-14-2002, 08:01 PM

Default I had this problem. Tracked it down to the firewall opening around the hood release, but....

It was never resolved. And I wouldn't recommend my methods of tracking down the cold air penetration point, either (i.e., feeling around by my feet while travelling 70 MPH in the winter).

Here's the link to my post from earlier, though. It has some helpful suggestions. I think that it finally fixed itself when I opened the hood so many times that something in the release lever fixed itself. Or something like that. Because I never had any fault codes, and like I said, it was DEFINITELY coming from around the hood release lever. I wish I could be more help, but maybe someone has a diagram of the release lever and how it works with the firewall.

-John<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6100/msgs/4857.phtml">Cold air on my feet</a></li></ul>
Old 03-15-2002, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. I'll check out hood release. I have VagCom and get no error codes.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I found the problem!

Very Easy. The relay box cover was not secured. The relay box is under the hood to the extreem back right (as looking from front) The air blows through the relays and right down to the drivers feet.