front speaker problems, lots of loud noise!!! weeeeeeee!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front speaker problems, lots of loud noise!!! weeeeeeee!

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with their front speakers witht the Bose setup. One time, I turned on my radio (very annoying to have to turn it on and off every time I get in and out of my car), and all I heard was the LOUDEST BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP that grew in pitch for a little while then leveled out. I found that out because I eventually changed my underwear, cleaned up the wet spot on the leather, and went out and listened to it again.

I unplugged the speaker from all the wires in the door and, of course, it "fixed" it, but no more sound obviously.

Then, just a couple weeks ago, the other side did the same thing! Then, perhaps coincidentally, I did something with my sunroof and unknowingly turned the radio on later. Guess what? It worked fine!

Whatever...

Anyone else experience/fix this?
Old 11-06-2003, 05:53 AM

Default Re: front speaker problems, lots of loud noise!!! weeeeeeee!

i had same problem.. but some how it got fixed it self..but then my rear speaker is giving me squeeky sound... zhhhhhhhhzhzhzhh .. i have bose.. i am also looking for help
Old 11-06-2003, 07:56 AM

Default loose connection on speaker terminals ...

... or rotting cone?
Old 11-06-2003, 03:48 PM

Amplifier is faulty.I had the same problem,here is dealer part #441-035-382-A,set of two amp's for $14o.oo.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:00 AM

I have had similar problem(s). The screech is, I believe, caused by the local power amplifier (there is a separate power amplifier for each speaker). I had the problem with the rear speakers, and both sides went at the same time. I first replaced the head unit (no help), and then replaced the pair of rear amplifiers. This fixed the problem, but it has since happened again with the right front speaker. I got another amplifier in preparation to replace that one, but it seems to have fixed itself, so I am still waiting for it to happen again (over a year since).

The amplifiers that I used are MAXIMA BOSE units, not AUDI, and have a different greek letter, but fit perfectly, and sound exactly the same. Bose may be customized for every car, but Maxima and Audi 100/a6 are so similar in volume and speaker location that you will never detect any difference!

I have come to HATE BOSE! The Bose system uses speakers with impedance of less than 1 Ohm so if you try to use any other component, you are likely to blow the local Bose power amp, and fry the speaker voice coil.

The only way out of the BOSE trap is either to rip out every piece, and install a completely new sound system (losing the the station display on the instrument panel), or put an adaptor between the head unit and the Bose power amps (Scosche makes such stuff) to make a hybrid system. The head unit may not fail, but if you try to add a CD player, the Bose trap gets you again. An RF unit with TWO antenna adaptors is the only way!

All of the Bose pieces I added came from eBay, otherwise I would have gone nuts!

BOSE SUCKS!!
Old 11-07-2003, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

How can I replace the head unit, and still keep the Console Display?