How is Wynn's for extended warranty? Any other good experience from a Exten. warr. provider?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is Wynn's for extended warranty? Any other good experience from a Exten. warr. provider?
Old 08-28-2002, 12:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Why an extended warranty............?

I'd like to know if anyone has received the full or even 50% of the warranty cost back in repairs?

The companies usually have an exclusion for it. Like transmission problems..."all internally lubricated parts". What if one of the electronic shift servos goes or an electronic part? It is not covered.

Gaskets I'd have to say is the fault of an Audi, but they are excluded except for replacement during a covered repair (all internally lubricated engine parts).

I am curious to see if anyone has received the full benefit from one.

Make a believer out of me.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm at about 120% return on my warranty money...

Two cars, two warranties, two companies... they pay, and it worked out for me.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:06 PM

Default 1Source Auto Warranty...

I think Muhammed and at least a few others have gone through them. In my research, they are one of the few, if not only, companies that offers seal and gasket coverage as an add-on to their "lower" packages, so you don't necessarily have to buy a $2500 warranty just to get seal and gasket coverage. I believe the "upgrade" was eithe $100 or $150. One head gasket or diff. seal replacement will recoup that instantly (less any deductible, of course).

1Source also offers varying deductible amounts, like insurance companies do. Higher deductible, lower policy cost, and vice-versa. They also do deductibles by the visit, rather than by the repair, so if you need 3 things fixed, only one deductible if it's the same visit. One of my previous cars' warranty didn't allow for that, so I had a triple deductible for one visit.

Also, 1Source recently dropped their mandatory inspection form for their warranty. You can buy a warranty from them at any time after purchasing the car. The price goes up depending on the current mileage, but it might be worth being able to look over the contract a little more closely before purchasing, and not have to worry about making that critical decision while also worrying about the car you're getting. The rep at 1Source stated that in lieu of the inspection form, the owner is required to sign a form that basically states that they are not currently aware of any major faults with the vehicle. So it's probably best not to leave that written estimate laying around detailing the $1500 of work your Audi needs done that's dated 5 days before you purchased the warranty

In any case, I'm not a 1Source rep, and I sold my Audi, but I've still found them to have one of the more comprehensive packages available.

On another note, most warranty companies also have a limit on the payout of their policies. Most state that they won't pay out more than 2 or 3 times the amount of the original policy over the term of the policy. But that's understandable from a business standpoint, in my opinion.

In any case, my Passat's warranty paid for itself in front-end work on the steering components and the radiator. My Audi's never paid out, but I sold it after 8 months of having it. Neither was through 1Source.

Hope this helps abate some of your skepticism.

-John
Old 08-29-2002, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I never used 1source... I used WarrantyByNet and Heritage... haven't heard anything good about...

1source. Hint hint.