my car on autotrader.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car on autotrader.com

<ul><li><a href="http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=120843227">link</a></li></ul>
Old 01-19-2003, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: my car on autotrader.com

Very nice car! I hope it goes to a good home. For comparison's sake, I bought my black/black 1996 A6Q last week for $8000. 74K miles, but no service records and in need of the t-belt/waterpump/t-stat service. So you might want to be a little flexible with the price. However, I am well aware that book value on the car is up there. Audis are not very much in demand where I live (KY) so that might be why I got it for that price.

Anyway, I hope you have good luck selling it. It looks to be a beautiful car!
Old 01-20-2003, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

I bought my car, a twin to yours with green/black, 77k miles and lots of recent service, for $8200. It's a '95, so I'm sure it's worth less than yours. I thought I stole the car from the guy, but it seems to be the going rate for a private sale around here.

So why are you selling your car? One drunken driving mishap and you're riding the bus?
Old 01-20-2003, 05:09 AM

I know I'm going to end up selling it for much less. Something close to 10-11K. I'm not worried about that too much, I owe 8500 on it. But I'm in no rush to sell it, so it's ok if takes long time (two-three months). I have a "untill you sell it" type of ad on autotrader.com so that makes it even easier.

Why selling? No, it's not because of the mishap. Car is just fine. And it's not because I don't like you guys or Audis, I like you guys a lot, everyone is very helpful here, and Audi are still one my favorite cars because of their exter/inter designs. But for the longest time I always wanted a W210 e-class, and I think I should just get one, and get it over with.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Nabeel, where in KY are you?

I'm in Lexington. I've only seen two/three other A6's of this style around here. Just thought I'd check...
Old 01-20-2003, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm also in Lexington

Yeah, not too many Audis around here, especially '95-'97 A6's. What color is your car? Chances are I've seen it around town.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I'm also in Lexington

It's Silver. A4 16'' rims on it. I don't drive it much. You? I've seen a green one and another silver. There's also a silver S6 around the Hamburg area.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Mine's Black/Black with the factory 15 inch rims. I don't think I'll be driving my car that much either. I have another car that I enjoy more as a daily driver. My dad will likely be driving it to work and back most of the time. I attend UK and my dad teaches there, so that's where the car will be mostly. My dad drove a '92 100 until about 3 1/2 years ago, so he likes these cars. His 7-series BMW is a little too big and cumbersome for daily driving.

I haven't seen an S6 anywhere around town. I occasionally see another black A6 like mine in the mornings on Chinoe road. I live around that area. Where do you take your car for servicing? I've been going to Motorsports and Stuttgart Motors for my current car, and dad has been going to Motorsports for years with his cars. Any reccomendations? It's nice to meet another A6 driver in Lexington of all places.... :-).
Old 01-21-2003, 05:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I also go to Motorsport, but I've only been there once (luckily) when I had it checked out for purchase. How's Stuttgart? There's a black S4 (old body style) that parks off High street I see everyday and I work in Versailles so I keep an eye on Motorsport's parking lot too. I saw a black A6Q going down Rose today near Singletary Center. Maybe you or your Dad?
I also go to UK (in B&amp;E) but only at night b/c I work during the day. My wife works at Singletary so I'm in that area in the mornings. I drive a silver sentra SE-L during the week and the A6 goes out on the weekends and nice days. Maybe I'll see you around.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Stuttgart is pretty nice. Very comparable to Motorsports overall, except they specialize less on BMW and VW and more on Porsche and Mercedes. I guess Audi can be taken to either place. I will probably keep on taking the Audi to Motorsports, mainly because I'm familiar with all the guys there. I'll continue to take my other car to Stuttgart for major servicing, and Motorsports for more routine stuff.

I've seen the S4 a few times before in a parking garage on the corner of High street and Limestone. It was likely my dad you saw driving the car today, on his way to work. He works in the college of Engineering, and usually parks in the parking lot around Funkhouser and the Chem/Phys building. Hehe, looks like I'm going to have a hard time getting that car away from him.