my car feels like its misfiring or something..

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car feels like its misfiring or something..

when i accelerate sometimes it feels like im running out of gas, but i have gas. it accelerates fine then it will like studder. not sure if its the spark plugs or what. i have no idea. thanks for the help.
Andrew
Old 07-09-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Something with the fuel maybe???

It could possibly be the injectors or a pump.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Something with the fuel maybe???

fuel pump? i just got that replaced like last month. hopefully that isn't it, or id be pissed
Old 07-09-2004, 11:34 AM

yeah i'd be pissed to.. Don't jump to conclusions though being that you just got that fixed it most likely is not the problem.

A quick thing I realized on my old passat, when The AC is on it does the same thing, when I turned it off, with in seconds it ran fine. For a while I thought that it had something to do with the engine being to hot and a sensor being broken because it only happened when it was hot outside and I never had the problem before, I then realized that when it is hot I have the AC on and that was making the problem.

When was the last time you threw a fuel injector cleaner in with your gas?

Have you gotten gas since the problem started? (It might just be the gas that you used)

Hope this helps!!
Old 07-09-2004, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

02 sensor(s)
Old 07-09-2004, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It sounds like its ur Cats...

my car does the same thing and i know that my cats are gone and are plugged up. If u have the $$$ go and get some new ones or just have a muffler shop take em off if u don't have inspections in ur state.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:15 PM

When was the last time your fuel filter was replaced?
Old 07-11-2004, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default heres what I suggest...

Having bad cats should not have any significant and feelable impacts on the performance of the car. What you need to do is figure out which of the following you have replaced. A general tune up that you should have done to your car are the following: plugs, wires, fuel filter, oil filter, fresh oil, 02 sensors, 93 octane fuel, techron injector cleaner. A fuel pump would most likely not be the problem. A bad fuel pump wont work, there is not much middle ground there. When it works it works, when it doesnt it doesnt. You may need to get your injectors cleaned as well. However, since nobody here can see your car and it looks like you also dont know what exactly is wrong with your car it may be worth while to bring the car down to your local mechanic shop and see what they have to say. Regardless, all of those things need to be done at the correct intervals because they can only last so long. If its been 60k miles since you changed that its time all of it gets done. You will probably notice that you get everything back the way you remember it and then some. Good luck.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:59 PM

In most cases when i had a JERKY car it came down to poorly gapped or worn spark plugs.
Clogged Air Filter ,Fuel Filter and Fuel Pump.
Since you say you had the fuel filter replaced a month ago could be moisture or dirt in the fuel tank.Try and run the tank to reserve before filling up again.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:14 AM

Same problem here.
It started happening after a 90k tune up.
Timing Belt, Plugs and Filters replaced at that time. I added some 44K - fuel injector cleaner...and that seemed to have fixed the problem for about a thousand miles or so...but the problem is back. It seems to act up more in wet weather. The guys at the shop said they think it might be the Mass Air Sensor...but I have cleaned that and it doesn't seem to help.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: my car feels like its misfiring or something..