Ugh... locking and alarm system has gone haywire....

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ugh... locking and alarm system has gone haywire....

So my battery has probably been disconnected and reconnected a dozen times in the past two days, and somewhere along the line, the locking and alarm systems have basically gotten reversed.

While a turn of the key to the left used to unlock the doors, and a second turn would unlock all doors, when the doors are locked all that does is manually pull the lock up... releasing the key lets it lock again.

Turning to the right, however, unlocks all the doors... while it used to lock them and arm the car.

The problem I have with this, aside from it being opposite of my A6 and opposite of what it was prior to the recent battery <i>issues</i> is that <b>unlocking</b> the car arms the alarm.

So to get in the car when locked, I have to turn the key to the left and hold it while pulling the door handle. Once I release it, the doors are still locked... I get in and I'm locked in.

Until this morning I couldn't figure out how to get out of the car since the unlock button wasn't doing anything. So this morning I tried a few things and low and behold, pressing the lock button <b>unlocks</b> the car... but fortunately when done from the inside, the alarm isn't armed.

I know something got screwed up when I was trying to start it... I think I might have reconnected the battery with the key in the ignition... really don't know for sure now. Just know that this all is a total pain in the ***.

I've decided to go with an Interstate MTP-91 battery that my regular shop has ... waiting for the vent kit. Maybe a week.
Old 01-09-2002, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Ugh... locking and alarm system has gone haywire....

So how in gods name are you going to fix this mess with the alarm system and locks? That would be a pain in the ***!

Mine stopped working with the remote but it was because the car sat for about a week and a half, but I figured out how to re-activate it.

-Scott-
BlkAudiQuattro@aol.com
Old 01-09-2002, 07:51 AM

can u let me know how to re active the remote. I tried as per manual but failed. I have 100 cs Q.92.Even i have the similar problem with door locks. Once i lock it should beep indicating doors are locked.. now it doesn't do that
Old 01-09-2002, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Sounds like you filled tank with running engine...

I assume you have third party alarm system. I would disconect alarm system all together and see if lock will behave properlly after this.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

if it does not beep, it probubly thinks, that some door is not closed.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

No, I'm talking about the OEM alarm... and I'm quite **** about filling ONLY with the car off. =)
Old 01-09-2002, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well...

I'll let my mechanic deal with it when he puts in the new battery. I'm pretty sure it's in the Bentley but I'm also going to guess you need a VAG to do it.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I shut all the doors, stood next to the car on the drivers side. I aimed the transmitter at the sensor between the door post and pushed the button. Nothing happened, then I put the key in the door and manually locked it, it beeped. Then I pushed the transmitter again and it worked fine. So you push the transmitter button, then manually lock. Should work. Let me know. Thats how mine worked. Also check to make sure your batteries are good.

-Scott-
BlkAudiQuattro@aol.com
Old 01-09-2002, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Once Again to the rescue, IKNOW HOW TO FIX BOTH LOCKING ISSUES!!!

I don't have time here at work to explain, but have had both those problems with my 93 100CSQ and knew how to fix them by screwin around with the car for 2 hours.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Great! Whenever you have time let me know! =)

I'm not up to the screwing around for 2 hours part.

Quick Reply: Ugh... locking and alarm system has gone haywire....