Want to remove central console

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to remove central console

I am busy removing the central console, but the piece of plstic around gear lever won't come off(Automatic transmission) I want to remove it to get the whole central console out, I want to fix the motor which regulates the air my cc gives weird codes, I heared one solution is to remove the little motor and clean it and maby it will be fixed, I am busy doing it so any help will be helpful, I must have the car fixed by tomorrow morning.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:15 AM

Default You need to pry it up.

Take a small flathead screwdriver and ease it between the cover and the console on the side closest to the back seat. (where first gear is)they are on pretty stiff so it might feel like you will break it. (Don't worry, you wont) Just use care not to mar the console. After it is up there are two screws and two bolts thatkeep the console in @ that point. I don't know about the motor you're talking about. But if you have anymore problems getting the console off, let me know. P.S. the plastic shift cover has two clips. One on each side. So you might have better results if you try one side @ a time, instead of just trying to pry it up from the middle
Old 06-03-2007, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: You need to pry it up.

Thanks I got it off.
I want to get the 2 motors that operates your cc systen's direction of the air, say you set it on the "Feet" position, it will only blow to the window, or something like that, me and my dad got the motors out, opened them and are busy cleaning the carbon brushes, now comes the putting it all back, I didn't know how to take it out, so about everything is taken out... literally, even the seats for more space!!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yep, that's a BIG job. There's another flap motor you access from the engine compartment

if you get REALLY ambitious.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: yep, that's a BIG job. There's another flap motor you access from the engine compartment

Yea tell me about it, started 12 o clock finished quarter past six, I think for the first time they are working the whole time when the AC is on I hear the short buzz of the motors like in my old Audi 200, I switced it on, only got 5 codes left of the 15, but now there is 11 codes:
Some ofthem are new, and some are gone, but wha now, 15.o1 is a "limp home" What is that? What is the other flap motor and where is it situated? Tomorrow maby I'll tackle the other one, but now I am TIRED and also lauching at me and my dad, I never heared him curse so much, LOL just as we think one part is fitted, we forgot to put some small thing in just behind it, damn I can't wait for the next time to take it apart, because I would just love to see my dad's reaction if I ask him to help, in fact some time in the near future it has to be taken out again because we couldn't clean the motors's carbon brushes so well so they are a bit loud, but for now they are fine, luckily I also found the source for a few rattles!!!! loose bolts!! also in a impossible place, but now she is all quiet again yummy to drive!!! When my mom saw the car with nothing inside...... Well she almost had a nervous breakdown, she has to go to another twn whith the Audi, so she almost thought it wouldn't happen but alas thanks to you all.. It is FIXED!!