what to disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to disconnect

I just prchased a 93 100 cs

I unlock the drivers door, get in ,and there is a chime going off and when I close the door after I get in there is a beep!the car wont start.
I have to manually pull up the plunger on my door and exit and repeat. The only times it works is when I see that my working of the key in the drivers door causes the passenger door to unlock, then I can get in and it starts...but I can unlock and relock via the drivers door dozens of times before it will unlock the passenger door.
So whats the culprit, whats the fix, disconnecting an alrm, or just unplugging the air pump so it never locks (passable solution as I live in a low crime area)
Old 02-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Try disconnecting the battery for about 2-3 hours. I believe the system should reset it self, then try connecting the battery back. Before disconnecting/connecting battery cables, make sure that the alarm/lock pump is plugged in. I had a similar issue last year as my alarm would work the opposite way. When I would lock the car thats when the alarm goes off but when unlocking the car the alarm would be set and would start beeping if I try to start the car. Yes, its a very weird alarm set up on these cars and when your battery eventually dies over time the same story starts over again and alarm is acting strange. So try going from there by disconnecting the battery and living it for 2-3 hours, then back on. And we'll go from there. By the way, do you have original keys with alarm lock/unlock button or spare?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default remotes

Yes I have two remotes, they came with no batteies , I found out a abttery that fits and put 4 in. But that remote when pushed for a long push emits IR but made no diff to the car...so maybe it needs to be reprogrammed?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by narley
Yes I have two remotes, they came with no batteies , I found out a abttery that fits and put 4 in. But that remote when pushed for a long push emits IR but made no diff to the car...so maybe it needs to be reprogrammed?
indeed it need to be reprogrammed. I will send an info with steps once I find it.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In case you are still struggling, here are some steps for reprogramming the keys taken from factory manual. I believe you would have the same if you still got the factory manual for you car.
http://www.elektro.com/~audi/memory/