Carlisle registration open for 2010 may 21st through 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carlisle registration open for 2010 may 21st through 23rd

It's our 7th year for the Audi Club at Carlisle! All Audis--all years--welcome!

The show/get together = Friday May 21 thru Sunday May 23, 2010 (this is the Import and Kit Nationals show) held in lovely Carlisle, PA at the fairgrounds, right off of the PA Turnpike.

If you're new to this...search the forum (well, you'll have to search audiworld since quattroworld is new!) for "Carlisle" and you'll see a ton of posts. Or go to www.audi4000.com for the past SIX years' pics! It's not a "ricer" style Import show, and has tons of cool BMWs, Saabs, Volvos, Subies, Kit Fieros, VWs, other randoms, and of course Audis!

Many folks arrive bright and early on Friday morning to help direct people where to park on the showfield. I've given up trying to arrange our lineup by models. Since we all come and go, it's sort of tough.

HOW TO:

We're all going to register under one name--The Audi Club. (It's actually on a drop-down on the registration site this year!)

The direct link at the bottom of this post will let you register online if you have a credit card.

Or to check out Carlisle's main site, go to www.carsatcarlisle.com. Go to Import and Kit-->Register online-->and then click on the second one down, 2010 NON-JUDGED Show Field for $20. Fill in the info, use the drop-down to get to "The Audi Club" where designated. If you don't want to put your credit card over the net, you can call (717) 243-7855 to register.

The cost is $20 for the first car you bring. This $20 includes you, one guest, and your car for the entire weekend!

On that same link, you can also register to camp for $15, and you can register for both in one transaction. Camping is on-site, near where we park our cars, and there's a shower/bathroom facility with electricity, warm showers, flushing toilets, lovely bathroom attendants (Butch and Angie!), etc. If you plan to partake in any boozing that may occur, I strongly suggest camping so there's no issues with driving to your hotel afterwards.

When you register, it will tell you to print your confirmation as they're not mailing receipts this year. If you plan to register multiple cars, you can do that too and you'll get a discounted rate.

You know the drill: PLEASE EMAIL ME ONCE YOU REGISTER: morganannevans@gmail.com.

This gives us an idea of how many we'll have coming. Please put CARLISLE in the subject and include your name, your screen name, what car you've registered, your location, whether you're going to camp, and the day you're arriving! I'll usually respond to confirm I gotcha, so if you don't hear back from me, please resend.

I know many have registered already...but since I didn't do this post yet, I didn't begin "The List"! So now, please email.

I will find out about the showfield tent situation (we've been spoiled with 2 big tents!), whether there will be firepits again, and will plan on doing a group BBQ Saturday. Of course, more details will follow. I've got a few months yet!

As is routine, we will divvy up the food, condiments, snacks, beer, drinks, etc. in May.

I've already made a reservation for 100 at The Market Cross Pub (same place we've gone the last 4 years) for Friday night at 7pm. We'll take a sign-up for that in May as well.

BOTTOM LINE AND DISCLAIMER: It's all about fun, hanging out, looking at cars, enjoying conversation, BBQing, etc. In years past, beer has been consumed. Sometimes people act stupid and don't "behave" like you wish they would. I'm not the designated babysitter, nor is anyone else. Know your limits and respect others. For those who prefer not to drink, you'll still enjoy yourself--it's a great group of people and there's a TON of stuff to do at the Fairgrounds. This is why we were awarded the 2008 Coolest Club Hangout!