cop question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cop question...

well i went speeding by a constuction on the side of a local street and i didnt notice a cop was standing there, i drove by and he waved his hat like "SLow the FFFF down" so i did and continueed on my way, a kid behind me told me that he stood there for a second acting like he was trying to remember my plate numbers... Now i am a little afraid to drive on the streets... dont want a ticket. But so anyway i cant be pulled over for that right? He did not have a radar gun or a car, so he has no proof i was doing however fast i was going. SO am i ok or should i worry... lol God i am a paranoid young man...
Old 06-14-2005, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The cops are waiting for you on your front porch right now. Stay inside...

Or you could lay off the wacky tobaccy, it's making you paranoid. :-)

J.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Depends on your state law

In some states, officers are taught how to judge speed by dead reconing - no radar required. In those states a radar print-out is not required. New York is one of those states IIRC.
Here in TN - a radar print out is required for a speeding ticket, but they can still whack you with 'reckless driving' for just about anything.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: cop question...

as I'm aware...you can't get a ticket for like speeding unless the cop gets you when you were speeding. He would have to a video of you doing it to give you a ticket now. Don't worry about it...except now they might be on the lookout for you and will be waiting to catch you doing something wrong. I will admit I have a speeding and wreckless driving problem, I don't have road rage I just like to pass EVERYONE on the road and I hate when people go slow in front of me...just let me around you!! haha
Old 06-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Banned

Default First.. No he is not waiting to arrest you out side your house..

He was probably recognizing your plate so he could send you a letter in the mail. Basically if he chooses he will send you a letter saying someone seen you or he seen you driving carelessly and this is a warning.

I think he was just watching to make sure you slowed down.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Even with a video its almost impossible to prove he was speeding.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:23 PM

Default I speed up when they do that :P

Sometimes here, they will have someone pulled over and wave at cars going by. Its like wtf are they going to do, stop writing that person a ticket and hop in thier car/bike and chase me down? I doubt it. My time is probably running out though.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

get a grip.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

He said "wacky tobaccy" !!!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 11:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 166 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Idon't know about the States, but RCMP CAN give you a speeding ticket...

... without a radar gun. I asked an RCMP member that question, and they said you can tell by looking at someone how fast "roughly" you were going so they can issue a Visual speeding ticket (or whatever it's really called) In construction zones in Canada you usually have to slow down to about 30kph, standing on the side of the road, you can tell if someone is going either 30 or 50kph, so you could give someone a ticket for speeding, just bvy looking at how fast you were traveling.

So bottom line is yes you can get a ticket. But if you haven't got one by now, you might not ever get one. UInless they mail it to you. LOL

I wouldn't worry about driving, they have better things to do than chase some minor speeder.

Quick Reply: cop question...