HELP NEEDED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP NEEDED!!!

I got a 1986 Audi 4000cs. I'm not a mechanic so you'll have to bear with my lack of the vocabulary. I think I need a fuel pressure regulator. and the big black thing that sit behind the fuel distributor. it may be a fuel filter cover.it has a crack in it. any way the car will crank but it's flooding out real bad. another problem is There are no junk yards or Audi dealerships around southern Tennessee. I need to find a web sight that has these parts cheap. I found the fuel pressure regulator for 156$ Is that a good price. If someone else has the piece and would like to sell it get back in touch with me. The car is a P.O.S. right now. A women said If I can fix it I can have it. I plan to fix it up. I'm a vw fan.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:11 AM

Default Re: HELP NEEDED!!!

I wouldn't jump on the pressure regulator, it sounds high. But you do need the boot in an uncracked condition. I almost wonder (the flooding out part) if the plunger on the bottom of the fuel distributor isn't stuck. With a cracked boot you should run lean. I don't know any fixes off hand for a stuck plunger.

I think there are several sites that can help you with the boot. Maybe www.force5auto.com can help or Shokan auto out of NY can help. Shokan may be expensive, but Qudi is one of their specialties. I don't know the website off hand for Shokan, try a search.

These guys can tell you of many places. I would have thought that a salvage yard in your area could perform a locator search, though. I would guess that a used boot would cost you no more than $50.
Old 03-05-2002, 12:10 PM

A guy looked at the car and told me that he thought that the fuel pressure regulator was worn out and was letting alot of gas just flow through instead of sucking it out like it was suppose to. There are some people around here who have junked out audis but everyone I seen has already had the boot and fuel pressure regulator taken out of it. Auto zone and some of the local people said I would have to find a audi dealer. I've been to some web sights but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I'll try some of the ones you suggested. thanx for your help. Jon I would but I can't find your E-mail but my fax # is 509-277-6025
Old 03-05-2002, 12:28 PM

You can put silicone sealant on the crack in the boot until you find a good used one.

The pressure regulator has a vacuum line going onto the end of it. You might check to make sure that it's on there.

I can fax you some pages of the Bently if you e-mail your fax number.

Jon
Old 03-05-2002, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If the car is a quattro with a 5 cyl. I have the part you would need. I will sell you the whole top half of the air box with the fuel set up and the intake boot for $75 plus shipping. Everything is in working order car starts right up and the boot has no tears or cracks. Email if interested.

THanks
Kris
Old 03-05-2002, 03:50 PM

I am sorry, I was confuseded. I was thinking fuel accumulator, which I just had replaced with my fuel pump, fuel filter, and all the lines. I am not sure of the functionality of the pres reg.

Anyhow, here are the part#'s I believe you need
press. regulator 034 133 534A
intake boot 035 133 357AD

This is assuming you truely have a 4000 CS and it is a quattro.

I would take Kris's deal, it sounds good.
Old 03-05-2002, 04:33 PM

this is what I know. it's a 4cyl audi 4000cs I have no idea abou it being a quattro. If its not would the piece still fit for it?
Old 03-05-2002, 04:56 PM

No, the 4KQ is a 5cylinder
Old 03-05-2002, 06:36 PM

Mmm, not all...some of the CS's were 4 cyl's. Non-quattro, of course.
Old 03-06-2002, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Mmm, not all...some of the CS's were 4 cyl's. Non-quattro, of course.

I have a 86 4000CS NON Quartto, maybe I can help you find out what type of car you have. Email me at jschmoke@csc.com

Quick Reply: HELP NEEDED!!!